Humana question

I wrote a Plan N back in September for a 12/1 effective date and submitted a void check. They didn't draft until it was effective and I just got paid so they don't pay until after the initial draft.

don’t cash the check until the effective date. Who does that?

Several carriers.

Bankers Fidelity comes to mind. Believe BX waits until the effective date, maybe a few days before, until drafting. Aetna might do the same.

Several carriers.

Bankers Fidelity comes to mind. Believe BX waits until the effective date, maybe a few days before, until drafting. Aetna might do the same.

I’m talking about the actual check the lady paid me with. Humana hangs on to it until the effective date and then cashes it. Two and a half months later.

I’m talking about the actual check the lady paid me with. Humana hangs on to it until the effective date and then cashes it. Two and a half months later.

I don't have anyone that pays their initial premium by check. Don't believe I have had a live check in my hand for a dozen years, maybe longer.

I might handle 3 or 4 paper apps a year.

I don't have anyone that pays their initial premium by check. Don't believe I have had a live check in my hand for a dozen years, maybe longer.

I might handle 3 or 4 paper apps a year.

I still do a few paper apps each month. Some e-mailed to me, most mailed to me, some faxed. A rare few f2f. Almost never need a live check, though.

Although, most of the non e-apps are mapd, anthem & Aetna.

most of the non e-apps are mapd, anthem & Aetna.

MAPD a bit of a surprise. Guess the carriers want to make life difficult for agents.

Rarely write Aetna but did one yesterday with the voice signature or whatever they call it. First one in probably 2 yrs. Surprisingly easy.

Anthem's e-app is challenging and their sig process is a sonofabitch. Had to print half a dozen apps and mail or email to the client.

If your client wants bank draft and a paper app and you have keyed in their bank info, Anthem has no way of retrieving the full routing and account number from their system. They will call you or the applicant to ask for that information. Even though keyed in, they can only see the last 4 digits.

Then entire broker interface for online apps is NOT intuitive. Must be designed by software engineers without user feedback

Here are a few things I learned by trial, error and a lot of cursing.

If you send your broker link to a client . . . DON'T. It will take them 45 minutes to complete an app you can do in 10 minutes or less. If you do send a link, tell them to turn off popup blockers.

It's OK to transfer an incomplete app to your client if they are somewhat computer savvy. Some folks (still) don't want to give out bank info or SSN. Transfer the app and let them fill it in. Just don't tell them once they complete and submit you can see that information.

Close your login screen once you get to mproducer. Otherwise you will be timed out, without warning, just as you are finishing the app

Husband and wife - use different emails and different computers unless they know how to clear cookies

Prior BX account? Use that login . . . if you can. Good luck with that.

Don't use a tablet. If at all possible, use a real computer.

Tech support = tech non-support. You might be on hold for 30 minutes or longer only to discover they have no clue how to help. You have better luck appealing to Krishna.

I suspect there are other surprises that will come to light. Hopefully others will share their insight.

This right ^^^^^^^^^ here as somarco said, this is why I wish more insurance companies would have a "Sandboxed" area that you can go through the entire e-app process and pretend you are the customer before having to go through one the first time with a customer.

Everest is one Med Supp company that has one, but it would honestly be helpful if more gave access to a Sandboxed area that won't submit the app. Another suggestion I would have is prepared to possibly have to screen share so you can see what the client sees. This way you can help them through it. I believe it's extremely important to go through it and learn what your potential client is going to see. It's the one reason I made a guide for our online enrollment tool showing what you see as an agent and what the prospect sees.

MAPD a bit of a surprise. Guess the carriers want to make life difficult for agents.

Rarely write Aetna but did one yesterday with the voice signature or whatever they call it. First one in probably 2 yrs. Surprisingly easy.

Anthem's e-app is challenging and their sig process is a sonofabitch. Had to print half a dozen apps and mail or email to the client.

If your client wants bank draft and a paper app and you have keyed in their bank info, Anthem has no way of retrieving the full routing and account number from their system. They will call you or the applicant to ask for that information. Even though keyed in, they can only see the last 4 digits.

Then entire broker interface for online apps is NOT intuitive. Must be designed by software engineers without user feedback

Here are a few things I learned by trial, error and a lot of cursing.

If you send your broker link to a client . . . DON'T. It will take them 45 minutes to complete an app you can do in 10 minutes or less. If you do send a link, tell them to turn off popup blockers.

It's OK to transfer an incomplete app to your client if they are somewhat computer savvy. Some folks (still) don't want to give out bank info or SSN. Transfer the app and let them fill it in. Just don't tell them once they complete and submit you can see that information.

Close your login screen once you get to mproducer. Otherwise you will be timed out, without warning, just as you are finishing the app

Husband and wife - use different emails and different computers unless they know how to clear cookies

Prior BX account? Use that login . . . if you can. Good luck with that.

Don't use a tablet. If at all possible, use a real computer.

Tech support = tech non-support. You might be on hold for 30 minutes or longer only to discover they have no clue how to help. You have better luck appealing to Krishna.

I suspect there are other surprises that will come to light. Hopefully others will share their insight.

Thanks for the ^ tips.

mProducer is the devil of Med Supp e-apps.
  • MoO - voice sig -super easy.
  • Aetna - voice sig - or now, with their new one, they have Security Question signature - very easy.
  • Humana's Med Supp e-sig is very easy - I helped a 70+ yr old client do it who's native language is Mandarin - and she was non-tech savvy, and she did it on her iPhone's web browser with me on speaker. If I can guide her though it - I can guide anyone through it.
  • Medical Mutual - their purl is simple... like buying a book on Amazon...
  • Manhattan - mother's maiden name?
  • The list can go on and on with easy e-apps.
So, my question, is WHY does mProducer require the client to, not only create their own login, with security questions nonetheless, but go through 15 steps.

It's just asinine.

So, I've almost always done Anthem's med supps via paper app - it's just easier, as mProducer and I don't see eye to eye.

In the middle of AEP, I needed to do an Anthem Med Supp for 12/1 effective. Client didn't have a printer/scanner. So, I tried their voice vault signature for the 1st time since I didn't think I'd have time to mail it to her and have her mail it back. It was 11/23, and we needed 12/1.

So, with VoiceVault and mProducer, I got it done. I've only done this one time - but I kinda liked it. It's a fifteen minute recorded/automated call - where the applicant needs to press 1 approx fifteen times, then press * I think, then repeat 4 numbers three times. Asinine, yes, but I think I'll transition to this over mailing the apps now that I've done it once with relative ease. 15 minutes on an automated call is easier, in my opinion, than walking someone through their e-sig process. And it's immediate - no mailing the paper app.

For Anthem MAPD's, I'm still mailing.... and Aetna MAPD and PDP as well.

Thanks for the ^ tips.

mProducer is the devil of Med Supp e-apps.
  • MoO - voice sig -super easy.
  • Aetna - voice sig - or now, with their new one, they have Security Question signature - very easy.
  • Humana's Med Supp e-sig is very easy - I helped a 70+ yr old client do it who's native language is Mandarin - and she was non-tech savvy, and she did it on her iPhone's web browser with me on speaker. If I can guide her though it - I can guide anyone through it.
  • Medical Mutual - their purl is simple... like buying a book on Amazon...
  • Manhattan - mother's maiden name?
  • The list can go on and on with easy e-apps.
So, my question, is WHY does mProducer require the client to, not only create their own login, with security questions nonetheless, but go through 15 steps.

It's just asinine.

So, I've almost always done Anthem's med supps via paper app - it's just easier, as mProducer and I don't see eye to eye.

In the middle of AEP, I needed to do an Anthem Med Supp for 12/1 effective. Client didn't have a printer/scanner. So, I tried their voice vault signature for the 1st time since I didn't think I'd have time to mail it to her and have her mail it back. It was 11/23, and we needed 12/1.

So, with VoiceVault and mProducer, I got it done. I've only done this one time - but I kinda liked it. It's a fifteen minute recorded/automated call - where the applicant needs to press 1 approx fifteen times, then press * I think, then repeat 4 numbers three times. Asinine, yes, but I think I'll transition to this over mailing the apps now that I've done it once with relative ease. 15 minutes on an automated call is easier, in my opinion, than walking someone through their e-sig process. And it's immediate - no mailing the paper app.

For Anthem MAPD's, I'm still mailing.... and Aetna MAPD and PDP as well.

Surprised you’re using mail for Aetna MAPD and pdp. Their iPad app is a little tricky to learn initially but it works well and it’s very fast. It’ll send them a scope by text or email and the app can be completed in 5 mins

Back