Humana -- Start Posting 2008 Changes

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
Humana repoted on Thursday that CMS has approved Humana's 2008 Medicare benefit plans. Humana said they will offer benefit plans in Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina and Utah.

Lets start posting info on Humana's Plan changes for '08.

Sounds good. In metro Atlanta they do not have an HMO...just sell PFFS and PPO. I understand they will have a zero premium plan.

As I get more details i will post.

2008 PDP News:

Looks like HUMANA is the low ball price leader @ $14.40. With no deductible it is the cheapest plan. Who needs a formulary if your the cheapest? That's smart! Companies must be scratch en their head and asking -- "Why didn't we think of that?" All those HCTZ users will flock too their feed and flip meetings.

Humana said that they are not looking to be the cheapest anymore in all the markets they were in last year when it comes to part D.

They were smart to do that since they would have the clients with part D only to try and flip them to a MA plan.

I looked at their site today for MA updates and there were no SOB's posted.

THey are all SOB's in my opinion :D

Haha,,,,yes i agree. All ho's in the red light district.

I have a lot of work to do!:D My clients that I signed up for the Humana $0 premium MAPD are really going to want to have me switch them to a better plan.

It is still a $0 premium but now it has a Inpatient Hospital cost of $625 per admit. With a $5000 MOOP!

This plan does have a Rx plan with it but compared to Wellcare Sonata with $0 premium no Rx but they can get Humana Enhanced for $22.70 and inpatient Hospital cost of $100 a day for 5 days and a $3500 MOOP. Plus adding the dental, vision, hearing and personal care items.

I have a real problem coming up! 90 days to convert and help all my clients get out of their POS plan!

Humana has treated the captured agents in this area with no respect,(thats why 80% left) but now we will have to thank them.;):yes::D

As our regional manager in KC used to always say.."Do what's right for your client!" (of course he really meant do what's right, but sign them up with Gold Choice.:no: A real jerk!

As I'm finding out more about Humana, they're not the shining star I thought. I understand last year they raised their rates and cut their benefits. Well Gloryaski!!...means that's the one to target for replacement if your product is better.

See.....no renewals in this business. NONE

As I'm finding out more about Humana, they're not the shining star I thought. I understand last year they raised their rates and cut their benefits. Well Gloryaski!!...means that's the one to target for replacement if your product is better.

See.....no renewals in this business. NONE

Humana is a huge target for me. They are going from $550 a hospital stay to $625 and still have the $5000 MOOP.

Wellcare $100 first 5 days and $3500 MOOP. Average hospital stay is only about 2 or 3 days.

Todays Options is $195 a admission and $600 max per year for visits but I am not as impressed with the rest of the plan. JMVHO:)

There are renewals, not great but they are there.

Wellcare is a $400 commission and renewals are I believe $100 a year after that...

I just need to do about 500 apps!:goofy::D

Back