Humana TV Ads

The Rabbi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Humana is advertising heavy to veterans offering healh coverage as low as $19.95. They mention dental and vision coverage along with Rx discount. Since I don't believe that they want to be big in the dental plan business, I would call it a bait and switch since there is no mention it isn't health insurance.

Does anybody else know about the ads and is there any compliance for these ads? Veterans receive all their care at the VA. I don't care for them exploiting our veterans. I believe they have TriCare which covers everything but I've never really gained any knowledge about TriCare since I was told to back off if they have it.

Any comments?

Hmmm.. Humana and Veterans seems to be in the news quite a bit as of late.

Humana had to pay $45 million dollars to settle a Veteran's related lawsuit this week.
REF: Humana Will Pay $45M To Settle Dispute Over Military Care Reimbursements - Kaiser Health News

Earlier today I got an e-mail from Humana reminding agents that we need to be certified to sell certain Veteran plans.

-ac

Certified? I guess it makes it seem exclusive. All Humana MarketPoint can sell it. Unless it's something new.

I believe the administrating carrier varies by region. I have TRICARE under TriWest and it's administrated by Cigna out here.

Fifteen month waits, etc. at the VA. Veterans that can afford some other form of health insurance don't go near it...

The veterans on this coast like the VA. West Palm Beach has a manificent facility. In fact, all of the veterans I enrolled into an MAPD wanted it for a back up since it was zero premium.

That's not the point of my beef with Humana making them think it's health insurance. I ran car dealerships that did well because we didn't mislead people.

Just got this.....

For All Austin Area Humana Delegated Agents and Partners:

HUMANA MARKETPOINT-WEST TX PRESENTS
[FONT=&quot]Humana[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Veterans Product[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Training[/FONT]

Date: Friday, June 1, 2012​
Time: 12:30pm – 2:00pm Training
[FONT=&quot]Come join us to learn about the New Humana Veterans Plan[/FONT]
(You must complete an online certification to be able to sell this plan)
Preventive Plus Package for Veterans in Texas
Dental coverage and special discounts on:
• Prescriptions
• Vision and hearing care
• Clinic care and much more

Back