Humana

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I will be attending a meeting for the Humana Broker Council on Wednesday and have been asked to provide feedback on what they do right and where improvement can be made. They want us to focus on

1-Underwriting

2-Billing

3-General product design

Suggestions appreciated.

I get paid direct and it seems like I have a deposit every couple weeks. Some companies pay almost instantly upon issue, but I have no problem with the frequency. It seems like it is like the 10th and 25th of each month according to my online statement.

To those who don't know, you can request to be paid direct even if you are with a FMO. It is a form and a direct deposit request and in a couple weeks the checks start going to the bank direct from Humana.

I get paid twice a month like clock work. It was a little slow at first but seems to be running smoothly now.

They don't pay until the offer is accepted and the policy is issued.

Now if you want to talk about slow, let me introduce you to Aetna, BX, KP . . .

I will be attending a meeting for the Humana Broker Council on Wednesday and have been asked to provide feedback on what they do right and where improvement can be made. They want us to focus on

1-Underwriting

2-Billing

3-General product design

Suggestions appreciated.

1. HBP rate up is too high and out of line with other carriers for similar cases. They need to loosen up on the ht and wt requirements and their rate ups on this are also too high and out of line.

2. No problems

3. They need to add a $5K deductible to the Monogram Plus RX product.

1. Agreed, HBP rate up is too high.

2. No problems

3. In addition, they need a 5K deductible on the Portrait Share Plus RX unlimited plans. This is huge. They lose a lot of business from me, when a family wants a traditional plan and all I can get them is a 2500 deductible.

I hear that they are going to redo their entire website, which will be nice. Also, would be nice if they would ADVANCE, or speed up their pay!!

Other than that, I like working with them, and they are priced right in my area (SC). chp

They recently changed their rating criteria and now rate according to the price of the med. Early on my BP clients usually got a 10% rate up. Now it seems like they are hitting them 39% unless they are on generic meds.

This is something I planned on addressing. Appreciate the feedback.

The Autograph has a $5k & $6k deductible with copays. I rarely sell copay plans, but why not use Autograph for the higher deductible?

The Autograph has a $5k & $6k deductible with copays. I rarely sell copay plans, but why not use Autograph for the higher deductible?

The Monograph plan seems to strike a chord with the clients that have reviewed their plans with me, but a lower deductible on the Autograph, with the 100% coinsurance would be a good offering. If you can influence them to make this change, I would consider it a personal favor, particularly since you compared me to Golddoor on a different thread. I had no clue as to who you were talking about since that was before my time. I read some of the archived posts, and that was a spooky insult. I mean really...

1. Nothing
2. Billing has been good.
3. I would also like more options for the Monogram plan. They should have options to select up to $5K or even $10k. The office visit limit is not a good option

I would like to see commissions level or less of a drop in the subsequent years. An advance option would be nice too.

Thanks for the help,

Bruce

Back