Humana

Humana team needs to study the Assurant method and copy it.

Actually, many in the underwriting staff came from Time. Seems the slow down in business at Time created an opportunity for Humana to pick up some folks.

Some of the stuff Humana is doing, and looking at, will copy and improve on Time's position.

I think Aetna's the prize winner for worst online app. First, if you click the "save" button simply because your client needs to get some info, chances are it doesn't save and you'll need to basically start from scratch.

No real argument on the difficulty scale. Aetna is the worst. But you don't need to save and exit. The app is automatically saved as you move forward. Saving creates a new app number.

When I use Aetna, which is more lately than I have in the past, I have clients fill in a paper app and fax it to me. I go in, create the login and complete the app up to the payment info. Then I send a link with instructions on how to complete. Even then I sometimes have to walk them thru the process as I did last PM.

last menstruated

KP asks the same question. I have not had a problem with it and neither have my clients.
what's the percentage of recovery for someone taking HBP meds?

100% if controlled.

doctor's full address

Dr Jones, Atlanta, GA is all I ever put.

If Aetna needs to contact the doc they will ask for the complete address. Same goes for all carriers.

client doesn't speak English.

All of mine do.

met with your client

A lot of apps ask that. I have only met one Aetna applicant. The rest are over the phone.

Carriers don't seem to have a problem with it and neither do I.

I just can't imagine actually going to see a client any more.

When I use Aetna, which is more lately than I have in the past, I have clients fill in a paper app and fax it to me. I go in, create the login and complete the app up to the payment info. Then I send a link with instructions on how to complete. Even then I sometimes have to walk them thru the process as I did last PM.

Why would you do that? If you are having the client fill out the paper app, wouldn't it make sense to simply get the app from client, and fax it off to Aetna and let Aetna log the app in for you. Works for me. Within two days, I see the app in my producer world.

Actually, many in the underwriting staff came from Time. Seems the slow down in business at Time created an opportunity for Humana to pick up some folks.

Some of the stuff Humana is doing, and looking at, will copy and improve on Time's position.

No real argument on the difficulty scale. Aetna is the worst. But you don't need to save and exit. The app is automatically saved as you move forward. Saving creates a new app number.

KP asks the same question. I have not had a problem with it and neither have my clients.

100% if controlled.

Dr Jones, Atlanta, GA is all I ever put.

If Aetna needs to contact the doc they will ask for the complete address. Same goes for all carriers.

All of mine do.

A lot of apps ask that. I have only met one Aetna applicant. The rest are over the phone.

Carriers don't seem to have a problem with it and neither do I.

I just can't imagine actually going to see a client any more.

Regarding percentage of recovery - agents are not physicians and cannot determine or even guess what the percentage of recovery is for any illness of accident.

It's not a proper question to ask. Would it matter if the agent or client put "85%" recovered instead of "60%?"

I'm also not aware of how it affects underwriting if my client has three glasses of wine per week. I assume they are looking for any type of alcohol disorder which is already a question on the app.

If you are having the client fill out the paper app, wouldn't it make sense to simply get the app from client, and fax it off to Aetna and let Aetna log the app in for you. Works for me. Within two days, I see the app in my producer world.

I don't see my clients. All handled by email & fax.

I want a hard copy, in their handwriting, just in case something backfires.

Very few folks know how to complete an app. I review the app with them, tell them what needs more information and what is over the top.

I take that info and complete the app for them online, then send it to them for final review, payment info & signature. I have been doing it this way for several years and I rarely have a surprise offer from a carrier.

When you fax in an app you can't see it on Producer World. All you can see is that it is logged in. I keep PDF files of all my apps stored on my hard drive and back ups on a portable hard drive.

When you fax in an app you can't see it on Producer World. All you can see is that it is logged in. I keep PDF files of all my apps stored on my hard drive and back ups on a portable hard drive.

I just fax the apps in and keep a scanned copy of the paper app on my hard drive and backup to my online file storage space. For me, I don't mind just knowing the app is logged. I don't write much Aetna anyway, so the less work the better for me with them. I have yet to process an online app with Aetna. Appears to be very quirky. I am sure once one gets the hang of it, it is smooth sailing.

I am sure once one gets the hang of it, it is smooth sailing

Actually, it isn't.

One of the most convoluted apps I have seen. The last two I had to walk the client thru and all they had to do was log in (which is a pain in itself despite explicit, step by step instructions) then fill in the payment info and sign.

Old habits are sometimes hard to break. I like being able to access a PDF online in case something happens to my electronic copy.

I second that on the e-signature. I threw the towel in on their online app with a some really good clients, that just couldn't follow their system. We're not discussing Assurant, but I don't remember the last time I had a complaint about their app retrieval and review system. Humana team needs to study the Assurant method and copy it.

Where the hell do you think their idea about the 17 question app came from, genius?

:skeptical:

Back