HumanaOne Maternity Cover

Just received a nice email from my friends at HumanaOne.

Seems they are phasing out maternity benes on IFP due to non-use (yeah, right!),

How will it effect you?

DOH! you beat me to it! I'll post the email here.

HumanaOne optional maternity benefit will no longer be offered
At HumanaOne, our goal is to provide affordable, personalized insurance solutions that meet the needs of our members. Due to a lack of participation, HumanaOne will no longer offer its maternity option to new or existing members who do not already have the benefit.

We will continue to honor quotes and applications that are currently in underwriting with the maternity benefit selected. States or plans which require maternity as a base plan benefit will not be affected.

Our maternity benefit option will no longer be available for quoting and applications as follows:

• Phase 1 - February 9, 2008: AL, AR, IA, IN, MS, NE, OK, SC
  • Phase 2 – March 1, 2008: UT
  • Phase 3 - April 26, 2008: AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, NV, NC, OH, TX, TN, WI

What does this mean for your existing business?

Pending Quotes and Applications: Quotes or applications will be honored and processed if they:

• are less than 45 days old.
  • were quoted prior to the end dates listed above.
  • include the maternity benefit.

Renewals: Members who already have the maternity benefit can keep these benefits if they remain on their current plan, or if they move to an individual health plan which includes the optional maternity benefit. We cannot offer maternity benefits to members who do not currently have them.

Reinstatements/Policy lapse:
If a policy is reinstated, all prior benefits will be reinstated, including maternity.

Plan changes:
Maternity will no longer be available for members to add as a plan change according to the dates listed above.

Consumer Material:

Maternity references are currently being removed from all consumer and agent literature and will be completed by April 26, 2008.
If you have questions about HumanaOne’s maternity benefit option, please contact your sales representative.

Note: Maternity coverage and newborn care benefits may vary by state.

I haven't found a reason to offer H1 maternity benefits so it really doesn't matter to me.

Depending on the situation, my carriers in order of preference are:

Golden Rule

KP

Time

Blue

after doing a cost breakdown it will cost 10,152 to the client including ded co insurance and premium.. that on a 12000 dollar kid.... i may have done 13000, dont remember.... so who needs it.. just stay away from anyone under 30 on your lead filters

Texas yanked maternity benefits from our risk pool last year.

Why should anyone buy maternity? Here in Texas ANYONE can go on MEDICAID if pregnant WITH NO INCOME QUESTIONS!!!

And they wonder why people don't buy insurance?

The solution is mandated maternity, it is not a huge cost if across the board, but don't get me started.

Back