HumanaOne Paper Apps - Vent of the Day

AndreaSti

Guru
100+ Post Club
Okay I know we are in the Deep South, and there are few out there who just don't like the internet, don't trust it, whatever. SO, Humana has to keep a paper app as a way of applying. What I don't get is why wouldn't they accept a check for the initial premium? They offer direct bill with an admin fee, so why not initially? I can't get an answer from them, their reps don't know either. Right now there is an app on my desk with a check attached to it. Looks like this person doesn't want to give access to her bank acct (fair enough) even if it is just the initial premium. Put a big slash through that part of the pmt page.

Also, we don't get too many of these thankfully, and have been hand-writing in "Humana does not accept checks with the application" or something like that. This one must have slipped through w/out that.

Just my vent of the day, thought I would share. And if anyone has the answer to this question, I would love to hear it!:yes:

Have the client phone in the app and use a credit card for first month's premium.

Or put them with someone else that does not require initial payment. KP and Assurant come to mind.

Where would you mail the app? I think I have done 1 or 2 paper apps in the last few years and faxed those in. Did a few with Aetna. More with Blue and KP. I usually dropped those off rather than mailing.

Have the client phone in the app and use a credit card for first month's premium.

Or put them with someone else that does not require initial payment. KP and Assurant come to mind.

Where would you mail the app? I think I have done 1 or 2 paper apps in the last few years and faxed those in. Did a few with Aetna. More with Blue and KP. I usually dropped those off rather than mailing.

We fax those as well. They don't have a mailing address to send it to because they don't take checks, so you can always fax. I am thinking that is why they don't take checks on initial application, they don't want to deal with mailed apps. Can't say I blame them really, just that this happens occasionally where you have a stubborn client who wants to do it their way.:err:

Humana's paper app is hands-down the single most F***d up application system I have seen in the last 20 years.

CLUELESS.

ANY change or add'l info needed to the paper app - takes 7 days minimum to get a fax into the system before it even gets looked at again. Then it can take another 3-5 days before you get a follow up email if anything else is now missing or needed.

One app. One client. SEVEN WEEKS.

No thanks.

Maybe Humana's stupid wellness programs and ancilliary B.S. will drive enough revenue for them when they pull out of the indie market say just shy of 2014?

Well that was a total waste of time and effort (please do not bother to say I told you so, thanks in advance). The client now wants to withdraw because her app because of the $10 fee anyway. What an ***.

did you tell them that?

pls say u did

No - the boss sweet-talked her into doing initial bank draft and explained why they charge the $10 fee. That's why he talks to clients, not me I guess.

I am betting she keeps the insurance just long enough to get a check up then lets it lapse. IMHO.

Back