HumanaOne to Stop Selling Hospital Cash Plan

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Anyone got any insight or care to share their speculation?

HumanaOne to stop selling Hospital Cash Plan
As of September 1, 2012, the HumanaOne Humana Hospital Cash plan will be unavailable for sale.

yes i do... this was being used as a maternity rider by some agents and humana figured out they were being gamed and killed it

Every client of mine who takes maternity coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield gets a recommendation to add the Humana Hospital Cash Plan-they pay $30 a month for 12-15 months while they are in the process of having a child and get a check back for $2,000.

Humana must have lost their shirts on this one-Kanawha probably added this product to beef up their premium $ so they could be acquired.

Just got this email from Humana. 30% on a supplement policy....OUCH. Glad I never sold it:

HUMANAONE HOSPITAL CASH PLAN RATE INCREASE
Effective 1/1/2013, there will be a rate increase for the HumanaOne Hospital Cash Plan in the following states:
Policyholders who are residents of the state of AR will receive a rate increase of 5%.
Policyholders who are residents of the states of DE, MT, and WV will receive a rate increase of 15%.
Policyholders who are residents of the state of IA will receive a rate increase of 22%.
Policyholders who are residents of the states of AL, AZ, GA, HI, IL, LA, MO, NE, NV, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, and WI will receive a rate increase of 30%.
Policyholders who are residents of the impacted states will receive the increased rates on their statements beginning January 1, 2013. Impacted members will begin receiving letters regarding this rate increase on November 1, 2012.

Latest posts

Back