HUMMMM......VOTEN' TIME.....

Here are those secrets:-)

1) Successful agents don't sound monotone when talking to prospects - they actually have a personality.

2) Successful people actually work - they don't screw off all day.

3) Successful people follow up with clients.

4) Successful people get leads - be it shared leads or exclusive leads - but they work a lot of leads.

5) Successful people are into what they do. They live and breath insurance. It's not some "I'll give it a shot and it this doesn't work then oh well" attitude.

6) Successful people are students of the game. They know their plans inside and out and are constantly learning.

7) Successful people don't make excuses. They just get it done.

GOT A NEW EMAIL THIS MORNING....WILL EMAIL HER BACK THIS LINK....

To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:36:39 +0000
Subject: Insurance Industry Help Needed
Hi,

I am an undergraduate at Bournemouth University in England and for my
Dissertation am looking into the adoption of the Paperless office. My father
owns a small insurance brokerage and so motivated my interest in looking at
paperless offices for the insurance industry seeing as though they are
largely paper intensive.

I am seeking permission to post a link on your forum to ask all insurance
industry employees to fill in a short questionnaire to help collate some
primary research for the topic. I am only targeting insurance 'people' and
so using the internet and forums seems like a good way to reach a large
sample size.

Would this be ok to do?

Kind regards,

Nicola Chubb

GOT A NEW EMAIL THIS MORNING....WILL EMAIL HER BACK THIS LINK....

To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:36:39 +0000
Subject: Insurance Industry Help Needed
Hi,

I am an undergraduate at Bournemouth University in England and for my
Dissertation am looking into the adoption of the Paperless office. My father
owns a small insurance brokerage and so motivated my interest in looking at
paperless offices for the insurance industry seeing as though they are
largely paper intensive.

I am seeking permission to post a link on your forum to ask all insurance
industry employees to fill in a short questionnaire to help collate some
primary research for the topic. I am only targeting insurance 'people' and
so using the internet and forums seems like a good way to reach a large
sample size.

Would this be ok to do?

Kind regards,

Nicola Chubb

My expierence with the paperless office is in fact ti has more paperwork! I guess the ease of printing out forms is just too much of a temptation for some!

James,

I guess it depends on what one considers a "paperless office".

I basically have a paperless office. I no longer have paper leads, information about clients on paper, flyers or stacks of other information on paper. Everything I need is all on my computer and/or my PDA and literally at my finger tips.

I no longer even use a paper calendar. If I need forms or apps for writing a policy I print them out as needed. (Why would anyone print more than they need for a week or two?)

I have one two drawer file cabinet, mostly for personal stuff, and one four shelf book case and a clean desk.

Until I started using my computer as a tool to sell insurance, I think it had been years since I even knew what the top of my desk looked like.

Any agent who is keeping and shuffling through volumes of paper every day is really working at a tremendous disadvantage.

Well lets do talk about App's and Brochures. Sure I can print them out but that comes at a cost that does add up, I find it cheaper just to have the carrier send me App's for free, and Brochures for free or 2-3 cents if I have them put my info on the brochure which is cheaper than I can print esp. if I view the time it takes for me to print them out and wear and tear on my printers as they are tax enough on other projects.

As far as a calender, while I do have a digital calender I find that a paper calender a must! I mean I don't want people to go on my computer to find out where or what I am doing today or next week. Now if I am at a office situation with people and I want to pass on information that is needed I will likely do so on paper with a wet signature, while I understand the digital signature is okay untill shit hits the fan, it's a lot easeir for me to pull out paper and signature and say my butt is covered. Now if one like I'm doing now is self employed with limited or no employees such things really don't happen. Yet my comment was towards more of the Agency or other real type of Office Enviroment my comments were being thrown at.

I have no doubt that there are self employed and yes even some traditional offices have gone Paperless in all of its meaning, yet I rarely one into one! Most that claim to have gone paperless have more paper now than then before than went paperless.

Back