Hydrocodone??

I know Cigna won't. I know New Era/Phil American used to be ok with it I don't know about their newer underwriting, I think I did one on Aetna last year

Depending on the situation, Mutual of Omaha might be an option. I have a client who is on a pain narcotic for arthritis and he made it through underwriting with them. It's worth a try.

Depending on the situation, Mutual of Omaha might be an option. I have a client who is on a pain narcotic for arthritis and he made it through underwriting with them. It's worth a try.

Lot of people take medication for arthritis, the original post is about back pain. When someone has "Back Pain" insurance companies want to know will they need surgery. Someone with arthritis will take pain medication because of things like weather changes. It is a definable cause, whereas back pain is in a whole different ballpark.

Lot of people take medication for arthritis, the original post is about back pain. When someone has "Back Pain" insurance companies want to know will they need surgery. Someone with arthritis will take pain medication because of things like weather changes. It is a definable cause, whereas back pain is in a whole different ballpark.

The topic of this thread is about narcotic medication as well, not only the location of the pain. My client has back pain due to arthritis. It doesn't hurt to call around and see which underwriter will make an exception. Many clients in the past have told me that their former agent gave up on trying to find them a supplement due to a health condition. And wouldn't you know it, where they failed, I succeeded. It's not that difficult to pick up the phone and dial a few underwriters.

Takes it daily, auto decline. Takes as needed, not daily, will consider, that's what cigna told me. I lost a client last month due to this. She takes it daily, and has for years, but she got approved with cigna, not sure how the agent pulled this off bc the client is loooong winded, im not sure how cigna didnt get the correct message. But I guess I'll learn from this, and submit the app even if I think it's a waste of time.

Takes it daily, auto decline. Takes as needed, not daily, will consider, that's what cigna told me. I lost a client last month due to this. She takes it daily, and has for years, but she got approved with cigna, not sure how the agent pulled this off bc the client is loooong winded, im not sure how cigna didnt get the correct message. But I guess I'll learn from this, and submit the app even if I think it's a waste of time.

I had one with Cigna that was declined due to take this 2 years ago after knee surgery

I did an appeal with a letter from doc and was approved

but all this and hasn't taken hydrocodone in 2 years

Back