I’m blown away

jensing0406

Super Genius
Usually I don’t have much time to come on the forums and post. I’m usually too busy out selling, field training, or recruiting to get involved in a glorified online chat room. If I’m on here, it’s usually because I’m at drill weekend with the Army or in this case sitting in a room on my IPad because I got called up for Jury duty.

I’m blown away by some of the posts and some of the advice that people I see people giving out. It’s so unbelievably stupid, I have to bang my head against something really hard to come down to the thought process of the poster.

I believe the intention of the forums was originally designed to help agents become better in this business.
I’ve been doing this for almost 7 years and I’ve written a lot business and anyone on here who personally knows me or has worked with me can attest. Here’s some advice:

1. If you have more posts than you have weekly or monthly deposits, you shouldn’t be giving advice.
It blows my mind how many agents on here are the “so called experts” and have only issued paid 5k in a month. But yet they are giving advice to agents on how to succeed. That’s like asking a fat person how to get skinny or a broke person how to get rich. It’s disrespectful!!! Don’t do it.

2. Stop being so negative and cynical. Too many times I see so many haters on the forums. These trolls have nothing better to do than to sit on their mom’s couch and troll on here. I have some advice: if you’re on here at 2pm everyday posting, try going out and working, getting laid, or taking up a hobby. I’ve had people come to me and say, “Don’t get into it with that guy, he has 101837 posts and he’s a gatekeeper.” Well, he’s not the gatekeeper of my bank account. And I would put money its probably bigger than his/hers.

3. Stop asking stupid questions. Someone once told me who probably makes more money than all of us on here combined, “the quality of your life is also dictated by the quality of your questions.” And don’t get me wrong I do see good questions being asked on here IE,” Anyone have any good phone scripts, door knocking approaches, how many leads should I buy if I want to write X amount of premium?” And then there are some crazy shit like, “I’m starting out, what days should I work?” Answer: Every day especially if you’re broke. Or “what makes a good FE agent.” One that doesn’t ask stupid questions, goes out and works hards, manages their money right, and listens to what a successful upline tells them.

4. Move fast and break things. I learned a long time ago this is not a nuts a bolts business. It’s an attitude and activity business. Stop trying to analyze everything, get all your applications ready, knowing every product, and everything approach. Just got out and start working. When I first started, I barely knew how to run a quote or fill out an application. I didn’t care about knowing that, all I cared about was I needed to go out and make money and I wasn’t going to make any money looking at products. I was going to make money by going out and seeing people. You want to be successful in this business or any business you need to have massive amounts of activity. Not product knowledge. Final Expese is the easiest thing to sell, it’s simplified issued whole life. You need to learn the products? Really? You do have an insurance license right? That’s where you learned about the products.

5. Agents that are broke and using an excuse to not get started. I’ve talked to a lot of people who are successful in this industry that when they started had no money to get started. The common answer they give me, they found a way. When I started I had no money to get started. I needed money. How did I get money? I sold stuff and borrowed money. I’ve heard agents tell me they’ve sold their boat for way under market value, sold their car, tv, whatever to get enough money to get started. You don’t have anything to sell, get a credit card, take a personal loan out, borrow from your 401k, something. Losers find an excuse, winners find a way.

I hope this helps some of you who are getting started and looking for advice. And I’m sure some of the trolls will come out of the woodwork. And I’m sure there are quality agents that can chime in and add or relate.

If this was a rule, most of the Forum regulars/recruiters wouldn't be posting but a few times a month!

FYI, I like to hear from the retired or "older" guys so let's not make this rule count for them, ok...
The problem with the “old guys” they’ve been doing this for 30 years have it all still figured out. But are the same ones responding to your craigslist ads looking for a job

The problem with the “old guys” they’ve been doing this for 30 years have it all still figured out. But are the same ones responding to your craigslist ads looking for a job
Not all old guys fall into that category. However, for many that do, the problem is not that they do not have it figured out, it is that they will not work and put their knowledge to use so they are always looking for the next great opportunity. I had a debit agent that was one of the most knowledgeable agents around.. Great salesman.. He could close an anvil.. However, you could not get him out of the house before noon and he normally "had" to go home around 5-6... With the exception of work ethic, new agents could learn a lot from him.

Usually I don’t have much time to come on the forums and post. I’m usually too busy out selling, field training, or recruiting to get involved in a glorified online chat room. If I’m on here, it’s usually because I’m at drill weekend with the Army or in this case sitting in a room on my IPad because I got called up for Jury duty.

I’m blown away by some of the posts and some of the advice that people I see people giving out. It’s so unbelievably stupid, I have to bang my head against something really hard to come down to the thought process of the poster.

I believe the intention of the forums was originally designed to help agents become better in this business.
I’ve been doing this for almost 7 years and I’ve written a lot business and anyone on here who personally knows me or has worked with me can attest. Here’s some advice:

1. If you have more posts than you have weekly or monthly deposits, you shouldn’t be giving advice.
It blows my mind how many agents on here are the “so called experts” and have only issued paid 5k in a month. But yet they are giving advice to agents on how to succeed. That’s like asking a fat person how to get skinny or a broke person how to get rich. It’s disrespectful!!! Don’t do it.

2. Stop being so negative and cynical. Too many times I see so many haters on the forums. These trolls have nothing better to do than to sit on their mom’s couch and troll on here. I have some advice: if you’re on here at 2pm everyday posting, try going out and working, getting laid, or taking up a hobby. I’ve had people come to me and say, “Don’t get into it with that guy, he has 101837 posts and he’s a gatekeeper.” Well, he’s not the gatekeeper of my bank account. And I would put money its probably bigger than his/hers.

3. Stop asking stupid questions. Someone once told me who probably makes more money than all of us on here combined, “the quality of your life is also dictated by the quality of your questions.” And don’t get me wrong I do see good questions being asked on here IE,” Anyone have any good phone scripts, door knocking approaches, how many leads should I buy if I want to write X amount of premium?” And then there are some crazy shit like, “I’m starting out, what days should I work?” Answer: Every day especially if you’re broke. Or “what makes a good FE agent.” One that doesn’t ask stupid questions, goes out and works hards, manages their money right, and listens to what a successful upline tells them.

4. Move fast and break things. I learned a long time ago this is not a nuts a bolts business. It’s an attitude and activity business. Stop trying to analyze everything, get all your applications ready, knowing every product, and everything approach. Just got out and start working. When I first started, I barely knew how to run a quote or fill out an application. I didn’t care about knowing that, all I cared about was I needed to go out and make money and I wasn’t going to make any money looking at products. I was going to make money by going out and seeing people. You want to be successful in this business or any business you need to have massive amounts of activity. Not product knowledge. Final Expese is the easiest thing to sell, it’s simplified issued whole life. You need to learn the products? Really? You do have an insurance license right? That’s where you learned about the products.

5. Agents that are broke and using an excuse to not get started. I’ve talked to a lot of people who are successful in this industry that when they started had no money to get started. The common answer they give me, they found a way. When I started I had no money to get started. I needed money. How did I get money? I sold stuff and borrowed money. I’ve heard agents tell me they’ve sold their boat for way under market value, sold their car, tv, whatever to get enough money to get started. You don’t have anything to sell, get a credit card, take a personal loan out, borrow from your 401k, something. Losers find an excuse, winners find a way.

I hope this helps some of you who are getting started and looking for advice. And I’m sure some of the trolls will come out of the woodwork. And I’m sure there are quality agents that can chime in and add or relate.
Feel better? Now that you got all that out of your system?:)

Not all old guys fall into that category. However, for many that do, the problem is not that they do not have it figured out, it is that they will not work and put their knowledge to use so they are always looking for the next great opportunity. I had a debit agent that was one of the most knowledgeable agents around.. Great salesman.. He could close an anvil.. However, you could not get him out of the house before noon and he normally "had" to go home around 5-6... With the exception of work ethic, new agents could learn a lot from him.
Absolutely they could learn a lot from. Like how to not do things. I would rather take someone with absolutely no experience that’s ready to work than a 30 year old career agent still on craigslist

Absolutely they could learn a lot from. Like how to not do things. I would rather take someone with absolutely no experience that’s ready to work than a 30 year old career agent still on craigslist
Oh.. I wasn't saying you should hire them..It is hard to get them to "unlearn" bad habits I was simply saying that they may have a great deal of knowledge and simply becasue they are not large producers doesn't mean you can't learn positive things from them.

Back