I’m out of the business

Brandon 8676

Expert
I can’t do it anymore. One sale in 6 months just isn’t going to cut it, and I’m sure AO and home office are thinking the same. I just can’t do this stuff, I don’t have the social skills neccessary to thrive in the business, so in the morning unless something drastic happens, I’m going to the office and will hand over my company material. It was something different than typical jobs, but it’s not for everyone, and I am among those that it isn’t for. Our local steel plant is hiring, so I am going to see if I can get on there.

I just can’t take the wear and tear on my vehicle anymore just to get told no or nobody be there. Steel plant is hard work, but it is guaranteed money. Do your job, you get paid.

Eh, that I don’t think applies to me, other agents in the class that I was in and agents in classes after me are currently doing well, so I can’t blame it on training, it’s all on me.

Eh, that I don’t think applies to me, other agents in the class that I was in and agents in classes after me are currently doing well, so I can’t blame it on training, it’s all on me.
It is not for everybody but you should be able to do well in other endeavors as you are mature enough to take responsibility for your actions and not try to place blame on everyone else. I had a friend that could not sell insurance but he killed it when he started selling vacuum cleaners..He just had to have a product in hand to sell..

It is not for everybody but you should be able to do well in other endeavors as you are mature enough to take responsibility for your actions and not try to place blame on everyone else. I had a friend that could not sell insurance but he killed it when he started selling vacuum cleaners..He just had to have a product in hand to sell..
Yup, I honestly probably shouldn’t have taken the job anyway, as my social skills just ain’t good. But at the time I was needing whatever I could get a hold of, so I took them up on it. Seemed like something I would like doing at first, but as the months went by with lack of success I just felt more and more pressure to produce, and finally I just decided I simply couldn’t do it. It’s unfortunate , but it is what it is. Hopefully my replacement will do far better than me and provide what the company needs out of an agent. Lord knows they can’t do any worse than I did.

I certainly understand that, but maybe it's not the industry but the particular gig you're in right now. Is Humana hiring for career agents in your area right now? I was once a career agent with them and it was a good experience. It's salary plus commission and excellent training if they hire you. If you've already got the health license then maybe it's worth a shot?

I had a friend that could not sell insurance but he killed it when he started selling vacuum cleaners..He just had to have a product in hand to sell..

Even though that's strange to me, I know a guy that sold consumer products for years and decided to start selling life insurance about 6 years ago. He called me to discuss the products he was selling a few weeks ago, and after the 3rd time that I talked to him, and realized that he didn't have an adequate understanding of our end of the biz, I didn't know what to think..it's not that hard. The questions that he was asking were not good, and actually kind of stupid.

The guy has a great personality and everybody that meets him, likes him. He could find good prospects, but for some reason had trouble with the applications, and that was just the beginning. He couldn't seem to grasp the rest of the process either, no kidding, for whatever reason, he can't do this job. It still has me smh.

I had a friend that could not sell insurance but he killed it when he started selling vacuum cleaners..He just had to have a product in hand to sell.

I know a guy that sold consumer products for years and decided to start selling life insurance about 6 years ago...The guy has a great personality and everybody that meets him, likes him. He could find good prospects, but for some reason had trouble with the applications, and that was just the beginning. He couldn't seem to grasp the rest of the process either, no kidding, for whatever reason, he can't do this job. It still has me smh.

Brian Tracy did a sales training program years ago where he discusses the difference between selling an intangible product, like stocks, bonds, and insurance, versus a tangible product such as cars, vacuum cleaners, and consumer products. Some sales people can sell anything, some find success selling tangible products but can't close a prospect on an intangible like life insurance, and vice versa.

In some ways, it is like our prospects - while many get that this is going to cost them some money, but that the death benefit is worth the cost as it provides much needed financial relief for the loved ones left behind, there is a (not insignificant) percentage of the population at large who just can't wrap their heads around spending money every month for something "they themselves won't ultimately benefit from" lol.

For me, for example, the worst prospect is the one where I show up and when I ask why he sent in the card seems to have no real understanding of the need, and additional probing reveals he has no one in his or her life who he cares about or cares enough about him to make this matter. Some salespeople are just likely unable or unwilling to take the conversation in the direction necessary to uncover the love that supports the need, and without that. neither the salesperson nor the prospect is likely understand and recognize that the prospect needs this product.

Back