I Am 75 Years Old and Have Been Driving Over 55 Years

retired cracker

I am 75 years old and have been driving over 55 years with no claims against me. (no DUI or tickets) I have been hit twice in the rear because I choose to stop at stop signs, not just slow down, yeild or proceed with caution,
BUT STOP!!!!!The first 30 years my employers paid for my insurance,(company vehicles)the last 25 years my wife of 56 years has paid 'her cars"(she passed away last month). I can not find a company for less than $60 per month (which I can not afford) Can some one help me?
"area code 34208":idea:

Last edited:
I am 75 years old and have been driving over 55 years
with no claims against me. (no DUI or tickets)
I have been hit twice in the rear because I choose to stop at stop
signs, not just slow down, yeild or proceed with caution,
BUT STOP!!!!!The first 30 years my employers paid for my insurance,
the last 25 years my wife of 56 years has paid
(she passed away last month). I can not find a company
for less than $60 per month (which I can not afford) Can
some one help me?
"area code 34208":idea:

What kind of insurance are you looking for Mr. Cracker?:err:

It's obvious from his post he's looking for Medicare advantage. Learn some reading skills!!

I don't know what State you're in, so I don't know how bad a rate $60 per month is for your location but it doesn't sound all that bad for here if you have half decent coverage levels. If all you have is State minimum coverage that might be kind of high. If you have an AARP membership, check with them. They work with The Hartford and I think maybe a couple other companies for insurance for seniors. But check other companies too. A lot of companies start charging higher rates once your cross 65 or 70 years of age. But there are some that charge less at those ages. In WA, I believe MetLife Auto & Home actually charges people lower rates at those ages assuming your driving history is good (which you said it was). They might be worth a try if they do the same in your State.

AARP or Hartford are usually the best for age group but it depends on type of coverage and car. If you have full coverage over 60 years old it goes up because you are considered more likely to get into a car accident.

Back