I Am Done with Shared Leads

Mink

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Been selling for years & have written well over 1000 Med Supps. Not a rookie. Have been trying different vendors and they all suck. I should say the leads suck. It does not matter which vendor you use, unless someone says differently. I am not here bashing the vendors.

It would be nice to get someone to say just once " I have a Plan F, can you find me a lower price for me"? This does not happen. Most of leads do no not answer the phone, or are looking for other types of insurance.

Even if lead is looking for a Med Sup, you now have 7 other agents doing the same thing. Shared Leads = Bad idea. \rant

Without naming names(a lot of the big name players vendors), this thread is more of the concept of shared leads(SL). I can see using SL to add to your book of business very slowly(very slowly), but to create a book of business is almost impossible in my opinion. You would maybe need to sell a higher commission product like Life Ins. But I have never bought Life leads.

Matter of fact it is probably not even worth it to add to your book of Biz.

You are just being beaten by the big boys with better technology. How long are you waiting to call the lead? 5 minutes? a hour? If you aren't calling that lead within 10 seconds of receiving it, you already lost. Harsh reality....matrix direct caliber buyers keep these lead gens' doors open, individual buyers keep them profitable. Leads work---almost no matter where they come from. You just have to know what you are up against. Part of Matrix's (I use matrix because I am a life guy) script, is to tell the client to ignore or tell any other agents from "their external offices" and that you are already handled.

calling within seconds. I would think that any agent that is paying is calling the lead "when" they get it..

Been selling for years & have written well over 1000 Med Supps. Not a rookie. Have been trying different vendors and they all suck. I should say the leads suck. It does not matter which vendor you use, unless someone says differently. I am not here bashing the vendors.

It would be nice to get someone to say just once " I have a Plan F, can you find me a lower price for me"? This does not happen. Most of leads do no not answer the phone, or are looking for other types of insurance.

Even if lead is looking for a Med Sup, you now have 7 other agents doing the same thing. Shared Leads = Bad idea. rant

I can get you exclusive Medigap leads, $25/pop, interested?

Even if lead is looking for a Med Sup, you now have 7 other agents doing the same thing. Shared Leads = Bad idea. rant

Same thing happened to me. Stopped about 3 years ago. Just restarted: first send a legitimately disturbing email before contacting. (ObamaCare's impact on Medicare, for example). Then call to give a heads up. Get a live contact, tell them you have a response to your enquiry and hit the disturb message. Get a telephone call notes? Do the same thing. Follow up later. Got two qualified leads my first day--today. Try it and you'll like it. DO NOT SEND QUOTES. You don't even know why they sent in the enquiry......

Been selling for years & have written well over 1000 Med Supps. Not a rookie. Have been trying different vendors and they all suck. I should say the leads suck. It does not matter which vendor you use, unless someone says differently.
I respect that you are a veteran producer - and it sounds like a good one at that!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - until you are able to produce your own leads - you're at the mercy of the lead-selling peckerwoods.

Wisdom from a vet early in my career: "they don't pay you to sell, they pay you to prospect."

shared leads are crap... better off generating your own. Better to pay more for exclusive and get leads worth your time then saving a buck and running in circles. This is harder with retail personal lines over commercial.

I respect that you are a veteran producer - and it sounds like a good one at that!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - until you are able to produce your own leads - you're at the mercy of the lead-selling peckerwoods.

Wisdom from a vet early in my career: "they don't pay you to sell, they pay you to prospect."

No matter how many prospects I find, if I don't close em I don't get paid. The only people who will pay you to prospect would be agents who need you to prospect because they need leads.

Back