I am driving Lyft and I am with Geico insurance I would like to pay less I need recomendations

Does GEICO know that you are driving for LYFT?

Your police excludes liability arising out of the ownership or operation of a vehicle while it is being used as a public or livery conveyance.

That's what you are doing, carrying passengers for hire.

You'll want to make sure you have the proper liability coverage before you worry about price.

You will need an endorsement on your policy to cover the time when you are working for the Rideshare. Your premium will actually increase a bit with the endorsement. Your Uber contract probably covers any damage of liability over $2500 while you are working but you are responsible for the $2500. The endorsement on your policy should cover that $2500 if you are involved in an accident while working for Uber or Lyft. Without the endorsement you will be on the hook for the $2500 and most likely have your policy cancelled by Geico if you are in an accident. Geico's endorsement may not cover Uber Black, Uber SUV, or DoorDash

I hate to be the jerk to say this, but if you are doing one of the most dangerous activities most Americans will ever engage in (driving) and beating on and wearing on one of the most expensive things most Americans will ever own (a car) you may want to re evaluate more than just your insurance.

You are spending a lot of money on your car, and taking huge risks to your health, to make a relatively small amount of money. I'm just saying, there are other jobs where you can put yourself in less danger and make more money.

I hate to be the jerk to say this, but if you are doing one of the most dangerous activities most Americans will ever engage in (driving) and beating on and wearing on one of the most expensive things most Americans will ever own (a car) you may want to re evaluate more than just your insurance.

You are spending a lot of money on your car, and taking huge risks to your health, to make a relatively small amount of money. I'm just saying, there are other jobs where you can put yourself in less danger and make more money.

Hey!, thanks for making that post. I hadn't thought of all those points but the concept of what you are talking about is why I didn't want my son doing pizza delivery with the old car I was paying for.

I heard some people rent cars and drive. They have a program with a rental company. If not them then UBER..

It doesn't matter whose car you drive, driving is still one of the most dangerous things you can do. If you're a driving a car you don't own, I'm guessing the statistics are even worse.

You will need an endorsement on your policy to cover the time when you are working for the Rideshare. Your premium will actually increase a bit with the endorsement. Your Uber contract probably covers any damage of liability over $2500 while you are working but you are responsible for the $2500. The endorsement on your policy should cover that $2500 if you are involved in an accident while working for Uber or Lyft. Without the endorsement you will be on the hook for the $2500 and most likely have your policy cancelled by Geico if you are in an accident. Geico's endorsement may not cover Uber Black, Uber SUV, or DoorDash
Yes Geico Know and I am paying monthly $345.00 per month do you think is worth it? because yo said any way if I have an accident I have to pay anyway $2,500 is too much for all the money I have been paying already for one year that I have been driving so far.
thank you

I don't know whatstate you are in, the type of car you drive, or your driving record so It is hard to advise on cost. A newer car with full coverage and a not so great driving record in a less than friendly state for insurance costs and 345 per month isn't too bad. The endorsement from GEICO will cover the 2500 deductible from UBER but you want to use your car as a taxi and make noney from the people you give rides to and have GEICO and UBER assume the responsibility for your costs to them. I don't think 345 per month is outrageous. TheUBER endorsement probably added about $20 per month to your premium so your rate before was not that great. Driving for UBER or LYFT places your car in areas that are not normal for regular drivers. Airports, train stations, bar areas at all times of night.. What do you think is fair?

Back