I Am Thinking About Becoming Allstate Agent

Unless they are giving you a salary you can live with, going the Captive route is VERY risky. You're stuck if their rates ever stink.

Also, unless you have a clear system for generating leads, be careful starting a new insurance sales business. Over 80% of insurance consumers now start with an online search when looking to change. So if you don't have an online lead generation strategy, it will be much more difficult than you think once you blow through friends and family.

-------------------------------

I have been in the P&C business (Claims-Management) for 15 years. I am very familiar with the P&C product. I am thinking about becoming and Allstate agent in the Florida market.

I wanted to get opinions from past or current Allstate agents. What is the culture like? I am a very inner-driven person; so how can that carry over into becoming an Allstate agent along with making $?

Any suggestions?

Okay, Allstate is one option I am considering. Has anybody heard of or dealt with Brightway Insurance? This is another option I am considering.

Thanks

Have you considered Liberty Mutual?

Their training is top notch, you get a base pay, marketing budget every month, mileage reimbursement and good benefits.

If you are starting as Captive to learn the industry, I would consider Liberty.

However lately our rates suck and it is becoming increasingly difficult to sell value when you are 500 dollars higher on a policy, lol.

Just curious, how illegal wld it be for an allstate agent or any upset captive agent to (with the customers best intetest in mind ofcourse) nudge customers to an independent agent ... Who just so happenned to be a relative (brother, cousin, wife, whatever)

I am lucky enough to be an IA, but i couldnt imagine building a book for years and not being allowed to sell unless allstate "approved" my buyer!

Maybe i am niave & partial, but starting from scratch sounds SO, SO much better than having to deal witb that ... Control or lack of control.

If you mean a referral than everyone does that.. if you get a commission split from the IA its not illegal, but your the captive company will fire the agent if they find out.

Back