I am with an Annuity FMO - what do agents want?

klcannuity

I work for an FMO that markets fixed annuites. I am visitng this forum to find out what agents want from their FMO. I'd like to talk about what you like, don't like and what you expect in aqn effort to make sure that my company is doing what is needed and expected for agents who write fixed annuities. I'll tell you things from my point of view, too.

I never heard of The Shield. I will try to check it out and get back to you.

Last edited:
I have been at my job for quite a while -- I rarely take on new agents at this point -- I assign them to the junior markters. My biggest producers tell me that they have never bought a lead or never used a packaged program. They do business the old fashioned way: they ask for (and get) referrals. Yes, I am asked by some agents about providing leads and programs. My successful agents tell me that they believe that the only people making money from those programs are the lead companies or the people selling the programs. Tell me if you have used any of these services with success.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mr. Bill -- I will look around on this site and some others. I had this thought that agents might appreciate the opportunity to give me some anonymous input, ideas or suggestions -- and perhaps even inquire about things from my point of view.

Thanks, Mr. Bill -- I will look around on this site and some others. I had this thought that agents might appreciate the opportunity to give me some anonymous input, ideas or suggestions -- and perhaps even inquire about things from my point of view.

I don't think people are going to open, honest, and above-board with you in public unless you are the same with them.

You can usually find out about us as many of us post a link to our agency.

But we don't know if you are:

1. A state DOI drone
2. The SEC or Fed. R.B or some other control agency
3. An FMO, GA, or IMO we might be registered with
4. A carrier we might be direct with
5. The mainstream media (WJS, NYT, TW, etc.)
6. Some whacko blogger
7. Rush Limbaugh's EIB or some Air America prototype
8. A law firm looking for someone to sue
9. The Congress, CIA, FBI or some investigative agency
10. The military looking for Vietnam era draft dodgers
11. STI masquerading as an FMO rep
12. A recruiter looking for phone numbers to dial
13. A religious fanatic looking for people to convert
14. A political campaign fund raiser looking for HNW contacts
15. Some guy in a trailer park with no life

If you tell us who you are, who you represent, and why you want the information you seek, I'm sure many of us will be forthcoming with that information. But until then the following sums it up quite well.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put.

Eliott Spitzer hasn't had much to do these days either, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was cruising the board as well!

Actually, the one person you should get to know on this board is Pre-Paid Legal - he gives a ton of great information!

I understand your point of view --- but suppose I say that I am with XYZ marketing and to dash over to my website, look around and --- as we hope, you like something that you see and request the details -- we send you info --- then, I am here soliciting agents. I was kind of hoping that you all would say things like: I used this or that FMO and they are great or that they have idiots working there --- or I spent a bunch of money on some program and wote 10 annuities -- or none. Or if my FMO provided this or that, I could write more business. I really do not want your personal info. I guess I could have registered here saying that I was just an agent like you --- but I didn't.

Back