I Bet You Won't Believe This One!

Insurance-Guy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Well I have officially seen it all. I just had a guy run into the front of my office...hit the front pillar. It was not that bad…and it has been hit once before but not as hard as this time. Either way he hit it hard enough that it moved it about 3 inches. I will have to get a sledgehammer and knock it back. Was a loud enough bang that I came out of my office to see what happened?

So anyway the guy walks in the office and he said I need to speak to you...(I thought regarding him hitting the pillar he struck-how naive of me) He starts in on me why did my car insurance go up...I think that I was in shock that he had not said anything regarding the pole that he just struck... Well I pulled his policy up and he had just had a $4000 claim last month. So I explained that he had lost his claim free discount and he said, "this is just too much money” I think I lost my temper...took some of my frustration out on him which was not entirely fair but he had this coming to him.
ME: I said look bud...first of all you just ran your car into the front of my building. I may just file another claim on your policy. I can't believe you are going to come in here after just having filed a claim and get upset about your insurance going up $50 every (6) months. Do you think that your insurance should go down or stay the same after you have had a claim? I just think that is DUMB…what sense does that even make. Maybe you need to slow down and pay attention to what you are doing while you are driving so you stop hitting things.

NOW I think he was in shock… HIM: Well I am sorry that I hit your building…but I am just looking for the cheapest thing...

ME: Well I tell you what I have a load of other companies that I could try to remarket your account with BUT I am not going to do it. You can drop your limits to state mins…but once again I am not going to do that. I am not worried if you have the cheapest insurance. You have a good policy…good limits…and you have a great rate with a preferred carrier. After just having a claim and having a slight increase on your policy I am not going to transfer you to another company even if they would be cheaper. If you think that you can get it cheaper on your own go ahead…
(I honestly don’t think he could find anything cheaper than what he has now anyway)

HIM: Pulls out his credit card to pay for his policy.

Funny thing is this carrier won't process credit card payments on their system and they charge like $7.00 over the phone to do it so I told him he needed to bring in cash or a check because they would charge him to use the credit card... MAN I could have smacked him...and I almost didn't even want to take his payment...
:1mad:

OMG that is funny! It takes all kinds....

lol... AND now I just had a guy that has a surgery scheduled that wants a life policy...so I ask him what type of surgery.

ERR...open heart. This is the second time that they have to do it... NO! I am going home.

If he ran into the front of your office with his car didn't it do a substantial amount of damage? You indicated he hit a "pole" and that you could "get a sledgehammer and knock it back".

I guess I don't understand. Was that all the damage that was done?

If he ran into the front of your office with his car didn't it do a substantial amount of damage? You indicated he hit a "pole" and that you could "get a sledgehammer and knock it back".

I guess I don't understand. Was that all the damage that was done?

Frank it wasn't that much damage at all. There are Pillars in front of the overhang in front of the office. Well he hit the Pillar with his car...it moved the bottom of the pillar about 3". It wasn't that bad at all...with a sledgehammer it can be knocked back in place. But he did hit this thing good to move it that far. It isn't the point anyway...he didn't even say anything about it at all.

Frank it wasn't that much damage at all. There are Pillars in front of the overhang in front of the office. Well he hit the Pillar with his car...it moved the bottom of the pillar about 3". It wasn't that bad at all...with a sledgehammer it can be knocked back in place. But he did hit this thing good to move it that far. It isn't the point anyway...he didn't even say anything about it at all.

I had visions of him driving through the front wall of your office. I didn't think you had a "drive through" office. haha

Back