I Came Behind a Banker's Life Agent Today...

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had an appointment with customers who told me they had a visit from a Banker's agent last week

I have heard the stories before from other customers that Banker's agent aproached their door just as they were arriving coming home -as if the agent was stalking their home.

I have heard the stories were consumers were told that the Banker's Plan F was the best plan ever made , never increases in price and the claims are handled better than any other plan F because the agent handles the paperwork themselves.

I have heard the stories were consumers tell me they bought a policy from the Banker's agent and gave the agent a check but they were not given any written material such as an outline of benefits,receipt, buyers guide etc

But today I heard a new one where the agent who assumed the plan F was sold ,even though she had not given any written material to prospect,asked that the check be payable to her the agent so that she could get her commission faster.The premium for plan F 65 male is about 210.00 but she was asking for a check for 250.00 me made out to her.I am wondering if she was going to " bundle " a final expense policy without the customer knowing and submit the initial premiums with money orders after she cashed the check.Anybody else seen this?

But today I heard a new one where the agent who assumed the plan F was sold ,even though she had not given any written material to prospect,asked that the check be payable to her the agent so that she could get her commission faster.

I'd help the 'customer' call Bankers and ask about the status of her app. Pretty simple.

I would help her call the commissioner also, A check made out to the AGENT? Seriously?

I'm just reeling over a $210 premium for a Plan F T65! Whoa!

I hope she got a card, so you can get that agent's license yanked. People like that make our jobs harder! :(

I'd help the 'customer' call Bankers and ask about the status of her app. Pretty simple.

I should have clarified these people didn't sign up with her they just told me what this "very pushy" sales lady did.I was just wondering if others on this board seen this . I know Banker's agent attempt to bundle the FE with med supp but its always been with the consumers consent this is the first I have seen this.Unless the extra premium she was asking for to be written to her was just suppose to be a tip?She actually told these people the reason they should write the check in her name is so that she would get paid her commissions faster.

Back