I Can't Believe what I Am Reading

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Just got an e-mail that stated The Villages Health in south Florida will only accept MA coverage starting in 2017. This means those patients with a Medicare Supplement policy will have to find another provider. What? I live in NW Florida and the providers here would much rather see a patient with a Medicare Supplement than a MA. I guess now an agent can't state that you can see any doctor any where in the USA with a Medicare Supplement product.

this does not make sense. Could not be, nothing like this on site either. Who sent you email?

By nature if the take MA they take original medicare. If the take original medicare they have to take supp period.

Just got an e-mail that stated The Villages Health in south Florida will only accept MA coverage starting in 2017. This means those patients with a Medicare Supplement policy will have to find another provider. What? I live in NW Florida and the providers here would much rather see a patient with a Medicare Supplement than a MA. I guess now an agent can't state that you can see any doctor any where in the USA with a Medicare Supplement product.

post the email Billy, this cannot be right.

----------

just read this on a villages forum:
04-08-2016, 05:57 AM
I ran into this the other day. I have Medicare and United Health Care for a supplemental, but when I went to join the Villages Health system they said they don't accept Medicare. I would need to give up Medicare and my United plan and join their HMO instead. That puts restrictions on who you can see and when you can see him, so it would be a big step down. If you need to see a doctor while away from the Villages, good luck.

I've never had my current Medicare/United plans refused until now, so why give up the freedom to go anywhere I want!

I would join the Villages system for a matter of convenience, but I'm not trading steak for hamburger.

----------

https://www.villages-news.com/villages-health-kicking-patients-dont-sign-insurance/

here ya go, straight from their newspaper.

To:Affected Florida Agents

The Villages Health to Make 2017 Medicare
Payment Policy Change

The Villages Health (TVH) has made the decision to accept only Medicare Advantage (MA) plans as a form of insurance for most of its patients who are Medicare beneficiaries, effective January 1, 2017. This primarily affects patients who have Original Medicare with a traditional Medicare Supplement plan. Existing patients with commercial insurance, TRICARE or TRICARE For Life are not affected and may continue to seek care at TVH after January 1, 2017. As always, agents should conduct a thorough needs assessment to evaluate what plan is best for the consumer.

Afftected beneficiaries who want to keep their TVH provider will need to enroll in an MA plan during the Annual Open Enrollment period (October 15-December 7, 2016). TVH currently accepts Medicare Advantage Plans offered by UnitedHealthcare.
Beneficiaries who want to keep their Medicare supplement insurance plan will need to find another provider outside of TVH.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement members who may be affected by this change will receive a letter from UnitedHealthcare mid-July.
UnitedHealthcare is proud to be a strong, stable health insurance provider in Florida, offering a broad portfolio of coverage options.
If you receive questions from consumers about which insurance plans are accepted by TVH, please direct them to Insurance Changes : The Villages Health.
Thank you for your business and for helping consumers in Florida find health coverage to live healthier lives.
Contact
Questions about UnitedHealthcare? Contact the Producer Help Desk (PHD) at 888-381-8581 or [email protected].

Certain doctors don't except medicare assignment and certain docs can say they don't take certain insurance companies supplements. I have had a few docs in MO that didn't take MOO med sup. Docs have the right to take what they want.

However its rare and haven't ran into any doc groups that don't take sup as a whole.

Certain doctors don't except medicare assignment and certain docs can say they don't take certain insurance companies supplements. I have had a few docs in MO that didn't take MOO med sup. Docs have the right to take what they want.

However its rare and haven't ran into any doc groups that don't take sup as a whole.

They might not "take" it but you can always file the EOB with your supp carreir yourself.. Just like the good old days.

That is because they are not excepting assignment from medicare, These clients can still go but they will be reimbursed. Different then what is being discussed here

----------

To:Affected Florida Agents

The Villages Health to Make 2017 Medicare
Payment Policy Change

The Villages Health (TVH) has made the decision to accept only Medicare Advantage (MA) plans as a form of insurance for most of its patients who are Medicare beneficiaries, effective January 1, 2017. This primarily affects patients who have Original Medicare with a traditional Medicare Supplement plan. Existing patients with commercial insurance, TRICARE or TRICARE For Life are not affected and may continue to seek care at TVH after January 1, 2017. As always, agents should conduct a thorough needs assessment to evaluate what plan is best for the consumer.

Afftected beneficiaries who want to keep their TVH provider will need to enroll in an MA plan during the Annual Open Enrollment period (October 15-December 7, 2016). TVH currently accepts Medicare Advantage Plans offered by UnitedHealthcare.
Beneficiaries who want to keep their Medicare supplement insurance plan will need to find another provider outside of TVH.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement members who may be affected by this change will receive a letter from UnitedHealthcare mid-July.
UnitedHealthcare is proud to be a strong, stable health insurance provider in Florida, offering a broad portfolio of coverage options.
If you receive questions from consumers about which insurance plans are accepted by TVH, please direct them to Insurance Changes : The Villages Health.
Thank you for your business and for helping consumers in Florida find health coverage to live healthier lives.
Contact
Questions about UnitedHealthcare? Contact the Producer Help Desk (PHD) at 888-381-8581 or [email protected].

I just clicked links and wow. Not sure how this can be legal though.

The only way is if some how they can accept UHC MA plans without taking Medicare,
But it has always been my understanding that docs that take MA must take medicare.

----------

Its also interesting that they are accepting UHC only.

That is because they are not excepting assignment from medicare, These clients can still go but they will be reimbursed. Different then what is being discussed here

----------

I just clicked links and wow. Not sure how this can be legal though.

The only way is if some how they can accept UHC MA plans without taking Medicare,
But it has always been my understanding that docs that take MA must take medicare.

----------

Its also interesting that they are accepting UHC only.

Doesn't surprise me in FL since MA penetration through south and Mid FL is very high. It goes back to what Docs and organizations have as a right to take what they want. you would think they are limiting the patients and forcing them into a plan in this scenerio (and loosing patients). UHC is big in FL and seems to do what they want at will within laws they help create with all the lobbyists not actually fighting for seniors under the AARP umbrella but actually what is in there interest.

Doesn't surprise me in FL since MA penetration through south and Mid FL is very high. It goes back to what Docs and organizations have as a right to take what they want. you would think they are limiting the patients and forcing them into a plan in this scenerio (and loosing patients). UHC is big in FL and seems to do what they want at will within laws they help create with all the lobbyists not actually fighting for seniors under the AARP umbrella but actually what is in there interest.

If they take original medicare they do not have a right to not allow people to use their supplements. they may have to get reimbursed but they will be covered.

This seems different though I dont think they are talking original medicare at all. I didnt think they could take a MA if they dont take medicare but I could be wrong about that.

What they cant do is take original medicare and the client not be covered by supp

The aren't accepting Medicare but only a private insurance plan from UHC. Obviously the capitation makes them more money.

Simple as that.

Rick

Latest posts

Back