I Can't Believe what I Got in the Mail Today

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have been selling life insurance for almost 40 years and today I received my first letter from a unhappy prospect. I door knock my leads because I have found that calling them to set appointments wasn't working.

The first thing she complained about was me showing up at her door without warning. She is a single woman and that was very unprofessional. I should have called first. Most of the people that say something about me showing up I ask "Would you have answered the phone if I would have called?" and most say "No if I didn't recognize who it was." That is why I door knock.

Next she didn't like my presentation. My response card was misleading because it stated "affordable coverage for low income people". The only problem with this is that my card does not say anything about affordable or low income people. She continues and says maybe I should just take a break from selling for a while, I seemed burnt out. Well I had left the house at 8 that morning and drove almost 2 hours before I started and it was about 6 or 7 before I was at her house. Long day, but gave her the same attention that I gave my first stop. She was in her 50's and had a stroke in the past. Took numerous meds, blood thinners, insulin and let's just say it looked like she liked to eat. There are not many carriers who would even offer an immediate benefit, but she acted like she was entitled.

Finally she didn't like when I showed up the second time. I always tell someone "if I don't hear from you I will be back." She told me that she would call so I should have not came by.

She ended by thanking me for allowing her to speak correction into my life. She is sure there is a goal oriented person in me.

I have been selling life insurance for almost 40 years and today I received my first letter from a unhappy prospect. I door knock my leads because I have found that calling them to set appointments wasn't working.

The first thing she complained about was me showing up at her door without warning. She is a single woman and that was very unprofessional. I should have called first. Most of the people that say something about me showing up I ask "Would you have answered the phone if I would have called?" and most say "No if I didn't recognize who it was." That is why I door knock.

Next she didn't like my presentation. My response card was misleading because it stated "affordable coverage for low income people". The only problem with this is that my card does not say anything about affordable or low income people. She continues and says maybe I should just take a break from selling for a while, I seemed burnt out. Well I had left the house at 8 that morning and drove almost 2 hours before I started and it was about 6 or 7 before I was at her house. Long day, but gave her the same attention that I gave my first stop. She was in her 50's and had a stroke in the past. Took numerous meds, blood thinners, insulin and let's just say it looked like she liked to eat. There are not many carriers who would even offer an immediate benefit, but she acted like she was entitled.

Finally she didn't like when I showed up the second time. I always tell someone "if I don't hear from you I will be back." She told me that she would call so I should have not came by.

She ended by thanking me for allowing her to speak correction into my life. She is sure there is a goal oriented person in me.

Next!

Lady who is bored with life and has nothing better to do.. Tomorrow she may think she the two of you are best friends. Move on and don't give it another thought.

BillyB for a person in the business 40 yrs you have more drama and storys than anyone i've ever seen

Back