I challenge any single agent to show me he has 1000 mapd active

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
What has more service a mapd or med sup?I know several single agents with 1000-1500 med sups in force . I know of no one single agent managing 1000 mapd’s . Personally I think it’s impossible to continue producing and manage 1000 mapds single handedly . Unless you answered calls 8-5 it can’t be done . Like I said mapd has so many moving parts from copays to extra benefits the calls and potential issues endless .

I don’t have 1k MAPD, but maybe 500 active MAPD. I don’t get that many service calls. I’d say I average 5-10 calls a week and they are usually “how much dental do I have?” Something along those lines.

Last October I had a lady owe more than she should have for a hospital stay. That was the last time I spent more than 10 mins for any service call.

As long as you are paid to service your clients, does it really matter?

Most of my clients, all Medigap, are no problem. Open enrollment and PDP is a different story . . . much busier but most can be handled in less than 15 minutes. To compensate for the additional workload I dial back new business marketing and may only add 30 or so new clients during that time period.

When I do get a demanding client that is wasting my time on minutia I invite them to find another agent.

I choose who I want to work with and who I don't. I also choose the products and carriers I offer. That is part of the joy of being self employed.

I get to work with who I want, when I want.

I don’t have 1k MAPD, but maybe 500 active MAPD. I don’t get that many service calls. I’d say I average 5-10 calls a week and they are usually “how much dental do I have?” Something along those lines.

Last October I had a lady owe more than she should have for a hospital stay. That was the last time I spent more than 10 mins for any service call.

What % of your mapd are lis ? But your also in Fla the land of milk and honey for mapd with $1000 moops . Out of pockets are nothing so few questions there .Dont you have an assistant ?

Exactly my experience. I don’t have many D-SNP though. Most of my calls are because for some reason Aetna has trouble paying dental reimbursement. Takes me about 2 minutes to send email to my sales manager and be takes it from there and it gets paid. I do spend some time each week with hospital bills I receive and send to GTL. Again less then a 2 minute process to fax it.

In my main market (saint Louis) our mapd plans have great benefits and great consistency year to year. I'd say 75% of our service calls revolve around stand alone pdp issues, irmaa appeal issues, and dental questions of some variety.

I'd say up until now we were 75/25 tilted towards med sup and Ive tried to use maps on those 50/50 cases due to the lower service requirement.

I think we received around 100 calls a day for all things like scheduling and service work with 2 schedulers and 6 benefit people manning the phones.

I took forever to hire help and probably had a personal book of 2000 or so at the time I did it and it's well worth the salaries for some sanity.

What % of your mapd are lis ? But your also in Fla the land of milk and honey for mapd with $1000 moops . Out of pockets are nothing so few questions there .Dont you have an assistant ?

Im not sure how many are LIS, I sign them up at 65 and some get LIS after, I’m sure. Medicaid might account for 1% of my biz.

I have an assistant but she doesn’t handle any service work. She wouldn’t even know how to answer them.

In my main market (saint Louis) our mapd plans have great benefits and great consistency year to year. I'd say 75% of our service calls revolve around stand alone pdp issues, irmaa appeal issues, and dental questions of some variety.

I'd say up until now we were 75/25 tilted towards med sup and Ive tried to use maps on those 50/50 cases due to the lower service requirement.

I think we received around 100 calls a day for all things like scheduling and service work with 2 schedulers and 6 benefit people manning the phones.

I took forever to hire help and probably had a personal book of 2000 or so at the time I did it and it's well worth the salaries for some sanity.

6 benefit people manning the phones ? Are these people licensed ? What about issues you have to call the carrier ? It sounds like you have many loa agents ? If not who are these 6 people answering questions for ?

Im not sure how many are LIS, I sign them up at 65 and some get LIS after, I’m sure. Medicaid might account for 1% of my biz.

I have an assistant but she doesn’t handle any service work. She wouldn’t even know how to answer them.

After oep I’ll be mailing for T-65 mostly Service work for lost cards , food cards , address changes takes 30 seconds with Vantage . With other carriers my fmo has assistant he lets us use and he does a lot of the little things .

6 benefit people manning the phones ? Are these people licensed ? What about issues you have to call the carrier ? It sounds like you have many loa agents ? If not who are these 6 people answering questions for ?

They are licensed and help answer client questions like what's the donut hole, dr prescribed this random med not on my formulary, moving old med sups to new ones to reset rates, calling carriers to confirm LEP has been removed, ACA issues (proof of income, uploading docs to HC.gov) etc. The tricky thing is when the client calls in on a med sup and question moving to an MAPD as that needs a little more expertise than what they can handle at the moment. Many times they are chatting me the client question and I'm firing the answer back to them to relay to the client.

We have 3 high volume agents at the moment that produce enough business to keep these people pretty busy during non aep and very busy during aep but are starting to move some of those benefit guys into sales roles and then hiring to fill their void.

Back