I don't currently sell health insurance so I need some elementary questions answered.

padthaiforlunch

Guru
1000 Post Club
Let me start by thanking Rick for the inspiration for this thread. For the record, the correct translation for 'not much' means I haven't sold any health policies.

I have some elementary questions....

1. What do you consider the key moving parts to look at when comparing policies? For example the Assurant Right Start HSA vs. GR HSA.

To ask the question another way, what is the thought process you use when making comparisons? Where do you start and what is the mental road map you follow? Hopefully you get what I'm asking. I suppose process or method is another way to think about it. Of course perhaps it's just a checklist.

Re: I don't currently sell health insurance so I need some elementary questions answe

For starters, trash every bit of sales material you have on Right Start, Save Right or Saver plans. They are all junk and should not be offered by anyone who truly wants to do right by their client.

I like plans that are clean. No moving parts.

The HSA works well for many of my clients as long as it is a comprehensive major med plan. No limits on Rx or outpatient doc, lab, etc.

Other favorites include Plan 100 & 80, Humana Monogram and, on occasion the Aetna First Dollar. The latter is usually too expensive but I will show that when someone is afraid of deductibles.

As for comparing plans and following a pattern to educate the client, it will be easier for you to contact me. I can walk you through a presentation using Quotit so you can experience exactly how I make my pitch.

Most of what I do is archived on this forum somewhere, but I don't have the time or desire to do a search. There is at least one thread where I went step by step thru my pitch. You can look for it if you want or just call me.

Your choice.

FWIW, there is no hidden agenda. I am not recruiting sub-agents. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Nor am I pushing Amway, Prepaid Legal or anything else.

Re: I don't currently sell health insurance so I need some elementary questions answe

For starters, trash every bit of sales material you have on Right Start, Save Right or Saver plans. They are all junk and should not be offered by anyone who truly wants to do right by their client.

I like plans that are clean. No moving parts.

The HSA works well for many of my clients as long as it is a comprehensive major med plan. No limits on Rx or outpatient doc, lab, etc.

Other favorites include Plan 100 & 80, Humana Monogram and, on occasion the Aetna First Dollar. The latter is usually too expensive but I will show that when someone is afraid of deductibles.

As for comparing plans and following a pattern to educate the client, it will be easier for you to contact me. I can walk you through a presentation using Quotit so you can experience exactly how I make my pitch.

Most of what I do is archived on this forum somewhere, but I don't have the time or desire to do a search. There is at least one thread where I went step by step thru my pitch. You can look for it if you want or just call me.

Your choice.

FWIW, there is no hidden agenda. I am not recruiting sub-agents. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Nor am I pushing Amway, Prepaid Legal or anything else.

Very Cool!:cool:

When I first joined this forum I spent a good week or two and read 90% of all the threads before I made a post. Lots of good material. I will do a search for your pitch.

I really appreciate the offer and will contact you soon!

I have my bread and butter products with each company (excluding many plans including the ones somarco mentioned). I weed out all the crap plans out there. From there I look at 3 basic moving parts and narrow it down:

Out of Pocket Max
Deductible
Rx Benefits

I'm not saying this is the right way to go about it, but this is how I do it. Depending on the prospect, I'll make recommendations based on these 3 parts and whatever else they mention is a concern..ie. maternity, budget, office visits etc.

Let me start by thanking Rick for the inspiration for this thread. For the record, the correct translation for 'not much' means I haven't sold any health policies.

I have some elementary questions....

1. What do you consider the key moving parts to look at when comparing policies? For example the Assurant Right Start HSA vs. GR HSA.

To ask the question another way, what is the thought process you use when making comparisons? Where do you start and what is the mental road map you follow? Hopefully you get what I'm asking. I suppose process or method is another way to think about it. Of course perhaps it's just a checklist.

Check out the new training program for newbies... it's cost effective and cuts your learning curve down...

Back