I failed my state exam PLEASE HELP

mikemadly

Hi everyone,

have taken the required class at prelicensetraining.com including the study hull which has bunch of study questions and answers to get my P&C license (for California), however I failed the test, the test was nothing like what I had studied...

What do I do?
Are there any other decent / better classes I can take to help me pass the test?

I have just found out that some companies sponsor you to get your license, can I still do that? or since I have started on my own I have to finish it on my own? what are some companies who offer this?

what company should I start out with; I like to start with Auto insurance.

my background is in mortgages sales and secondary marking of mortgages so I do not have any experience in insurance and I am very excited to learn about it and start my new career...

Sorry for the long questions, any help would be greatly appreciated...

[email protected]

My son failed the test 2 years ago because he did not put the time in to study. Not saying that the same for you, but when he reviewed questions for 4 weeks prior to the test, he passed the 2nd time.

He did the 52 hours of (then required) classroom training, took the test and failed. He then signed up for 30 days of testing via the internet, took the test, and passed.

He went to Lytespeed Learning. You might look at their internet stuff and give yourself another change.

I understand that a high percentage do not pass the 1st time so don't be discouraged.

Rick

Don't beat yourself up because a lot of people fail the exam on their 1st try. Hey, even myself! I took the fire & casualty in CA the 1st time and failed. Had to really sit my butt down and study and passed on the 2nd try. Yeah, went from studying like 15 hours on the 1st try to about 40 hours of studying on the 2nd, all the week of.

Anyways, I passed my life on the 1st try no problem but the fire & casualty really just covered so much freakin material.

By the way, it'll be worth it because it's so easy to make quick money on auto insurance. Everybody needs it by law, everybody is looking to save some money, and it's so easy to prospect for.

I used www.[B]adbanker.com[/B]

thank you both for your reply, I will try Lytespeed Learning since its so close to me and heard about them before....this should teach me a lesson to research more about takeing online classes...prelicensetraining.com realy blows and outdated...I wasted my money and time

thanks

By the way, it'll be worth it because it's so easy to make quick money on auto insurance. Everybody needs it by law, everybody is looking to save some money, and it's so easy to prospect for.

I used www.adbanker.com

insuremojo, you could be a source of some exciting info! What is the easy, quick money way to prospect for auto insurance sales?

1. take an actual class in a classroom setting.
2. go to actual training sessions at your agency, like you are licensed, learn on the job. { don't actually sell while unlicensed, but go through role playing scenarios and sales training and product knowledge classes with other agents/managers.}
3. read your own policy and your relative's policies.
4. go to the library and read old books { some as old as the 1930's and 1940's} on "the principles of insurance"

insuremojo, you could be a source of some exciting info! What is the easy, quick money way to prospect for auto insurance sales?

Maybe you won't think it's so exciting once you do it! LOL, door to door. What I meant by quick money is that commissions are advanced and you don't have to wait a month for commissions (health, life..) To me it's quick and easy.....I guess when you compare to health and life anyways.
I do my fair share of auto/homeowners/renters/health/life and whatever else I can get people to listen to me about!

Auto & homeowners pays the bills and health and life is just icing on the cake.

Back