I Give Up on Medico

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This carrier has the most unpredictable underwriting of any med supp carriers.

Had 6 declines this past week. I been able to place each client with another carrier on the 1st try. I'm about ready to shelve them.

I don't mind a carrier that is strict, they all have their place. My issue is when I can't find that place because they are unpredictable and make my life difficult. Several of them only took normal meds (lisinopril and metformin) but we're declined because they couldn't remember their A1C number when they visited their doctor.

They even declined one person because they just started taking a cholesterol pill!

This carrier has the most unpredictable underwriting of any med supp carriers.

Had 6 declines this past week. I been able to place each client with another carrier on the 1st try. I'm about ready to shelve them.

I don't mind a carrier that is strict, they all have their place. My issue is when I can't find that place because they are unpredictable and make my life difficult. Several of them only took normal meds (lisinopril and metformin) but we're declined because they couldn't remember their A1C number when they visited their doctor.

They even declined one person because they just started taking a cholesterol pill!

I've got them, but after looking at that UW guide and talking to an Underwriter...he was as vague as the UW guide. I doubt I'll ever use them for a Med Supp.

I have a few cases with them and they are a pain

I have had hard cases approved and easy cases declined.I have probably less cases approved with them this year than most carrier while at the same time the most casses declined

I have had hard cases approved and easy cases declined.I have probably less cases approved with them this year than most carrier while at the same time the most casses declined

Just had a client I rewrote with then had breast cancer 4 years ago fly through. Guess I have been lucky with them.

I just had a breast cancer go thru, 2 years 8 months cancer free, no meds. Husband approved on advair. I have around 50k with them, only 2 declines.

Plus with my enroller the clients does not need email.

I just had a breast cancer go thru, 2 years 8 months cancer free, no meds. Husband approved on advair. I have around 50k with them, only 2 declines.

Plus with my enroller the clients does not need email.

Their UW is really slow also. Wrote a client yesterday at 10 am, Medico called at 12 PM for the PI, when I checked their portal this morning client was accepted.

lol, I was expecting a slow decision on my cancer case, issued the next day. Now I dont like how they pay, one day a week.

Did you know that they dont draft the client until the policy in force date?

The only real thing I dont like is that they just dont raise premiums. In Indiana we only are paid for 6 years, we need a reason to move the client to keep those renewals coming in, usually its a premium raise.

This has been my experience as well. I am done with them.

This has been my experience as well. I am done with them.

I don't think I am done with them.Sometimes they come out best rate or the might be the best chance for a competitive rate in some cases.I do like that there is no app fee and they don't charge till effective.

However I do move with caution and I will lean toward more predictable underwriting whenever practical.Medico will always be a backup carrier unless they become more predictable.

Back