I Give Up on Medico

Medico used to be great. They went through a complete underwriting overhaul about 3-4 years ago. I threw them in the trash just a couple months later because of this same BS.

In fact, I did the same thing with the Aetna take over of CLI/ACI. Underwriting overhaul, they went in the trash too. The aetna one I really struggle to understand, they're willing to do almost anything for new underwritten business, high commissions, huge bonus programs, increasing hours.

how do they not understand... Why would we submit business with you, if your underwriting is soo messy that we agents can't effectively pre-screen an applicant and there's a high probability of wasting our time?

It's a no-brainer. Give me the information I need to effectively prescreen so I don't get unnecessary declines, wasting my time, the applicants time, and the companies time. Or I just won't send you underwritten business.

Medico used to be great. They went through a complete underwriting overhaul about 3-4 years ago. I threw them in the trash just a couple months later because of this same BS.

In fact, I did the same thing with the Aetna take over of CLI/ACI. Underwriting overhaul, they went in the trash too. The aetna one I really struggle to understand, they're willing to do almost anything for new underwritten business, high commissions, huge bonus programs, increasing hours.

how do they not understand... Why would we submit business with you, if your underwriting is soo messy that we agents can't effectively pre-screen an applicant and there's a high probability of wasting our time?

It's a no-brainer. Give me the information I need to effectively prescreen so I don't get unnecessary declines, wasting my time, the applicants time, and the companies time. Or I just won't send you underwritten business.
I always thought ACI was very predictable on their UW.. The only problem I had with them after Aetna bought them was a lot of Admin mistakes during the transition. I haven't used them in a couple of years since they closed the ACI block here. CLI isn't that competitive.

Medico's never been competitive here. I picked them up years ago for their DVH, then after a closer look, it didn't look good at all. They've down graded it a couple of times under the "guise" of "improving" it.

American Enterprise Group announces new senior fitness program for Iowa Medicare Supplement customers

American Enterprise Group, Inc. announced that Medico Corp Life Insurance Company will offer SilverSneakers, the nation’s leading fitness program for seniors, to its Medicare Supplement policyholders in Iowa. Enrollment in the SilverSneakers program is automatic for current policyholders at no additional cost and access to the new benefits took effect on July 1.

“Taking care of yourself and enhancing your well-being is more important than ever. We are pleased to announce the addition of SilverSneakers for our customers to maintain their wellness and connect with others, whether participating in the gym or through digital channels,” said Mark Movic, senior vice president, managing director – Health. “We are in the business of helping people create solutions that protect their health, happiness and financial security. The addition of SilverSneakers is a great fit to empower our customers to help them live healthier lives.”

American Enterprise Group announces new senior fitness program for Iowa Medicare Supplement customers

American Enterprise Group, Inc. announced that Medico Corp Life Insurance Company will offer SilverSneakers, the nation’s leading fitness program for seniors, to its Medicare Supplement policyholders in Iowa. Enrollment in the SilverSneakers program is automatic for current policyholders at no additional cost and access to the new benefits took effect on July 1.

“Taking care of yourself and enhancing your well-being is more important than ever. We are pleased to announce the addition of SilverSneakers for our customers to maintain their wellness and connect with others, whether participating in the gym or through digital channels,” said Mark Movic, senior vice president, managing director – Health. “We are in the business of helping people create solutions that protect their health, happiness and financial security. The addition of SilverSneakers is a great fit to empower our customers to help them live healthier lives.”

Ha ha, Seniors, won't want to go the gym with covid not for a couple of years maybe

Back