I got an Auto dialer call about Medicare

floridabroker

Expert
This morning I got a call at the office asking:

"are you satisfied with your medicare plan" "If no press "1" blah blah and we will have someone contact you!

I pressed "1" and left my name and phone number.

This is in direct conflict of medicares rules to even call regardless that I gave my name and phone number.

At first my reaction was to hammer whoever calls me.

Opinions please!!!!

"are you satisfied with your medicare plan" "If no press "1" blah blah and we will have someone contact you!

This is in direct conflict of medicares rules to even call regardless that I gave my name and phone number.

Opinions please!!!!

Give the number too one of the carriers and CMS.

When they call you back find out who is generating the calls.

It is people like this that are making it harder for the honest agents who follow the rules.

Opinions please!!!!
Regardless of Medicare of not, a transfer like that to a residential phone is illegal. When pressing "1", the call must be answered by a live person in 2 seconds.

Rick

Opinions please!!!!

Turn them into CMS immediately, clearly a $25,000 violation.

Opinions please!!!!

This is typical... whoever this agent hired did not give a _____ (fill in the blank) that he/she were not being compliant. They are a "phone company" and all they do is sell phone time. You better do your due dilegence if you are calling residential with this Dial 1 voice broadcast format.

By the way... wonder if they sold enough policies to pay the fine... ouch!

Let's back up for a minute. Maybe I missed something that all of the rest of you saw.

As I read the initial post it said "are you satisfied with your medicare plan"?

I don't see where CMS enters into that statement. Are not Med Supp policies referred to as "Plans" as in Plan D, Plan G etc.?

If it has said "are you satisfied with your Medicare Advantage plan" I would definitely agree with all of you.

Please enlighten me if I have not read that correctly and tell me that I am a dumb ass. (I already know that Rick and Ramiz are going to say that anyway. :twitchy:)

Let's back up for a minute. Maybe I missed something that all of the rest of you saw.

As I read the initial post it said "are you satisfied with your medicare plan"?

I don't see where CMS enters into that statement. Are not Med Supp policies referred to as "Plans" as in Plan D, Plan G etc.?

If it has said "are you satisfied with your Medicare Advantage plan" I would definitely agree with all of you.

Please enlighten me if I have not read that correctly and tell me that I am a dumb ass. (I already know that Rick and Ramiz are going to say that anyway. :twitchy:)
I believe the prohibition is the mention of Medicare as it relates to any health plan. Any yes, you are a dumb ass. (But you knew I would say that. Ramiz should be here shortly to confirm).

Rick

I believe the prohibition is the mention of Medicare as it relates to any health plan. Any yes, you are a dumb ass. (But you knew I would say that. Ramiz should be here shortly to confirm).

Rick

All I can say is "that ain't right".

I will continue talking about Medicare over the phone, in public bathrooms, on street corners and when hanging out in the coronary care unit of second rate hospitals.

That's just the kind of "dumb ass" I am.

Back