I hate it when this happens

OK.

When did we move from insurance leads to women?

Do you try to get in your leads pants? Do you try to sell your female friends health insurance?

Depends, and sometimes.

You get a good idea as to whether they're a nice, clean risk...

If I were single, the greatest job in the world would be even better. Not because of your client list, but the knowledge and skills a successful agent builds in dealing with the opposite sex.

Ya'll are all just sort of having fun on this thread. Everyone on this thread so far has probably pretty much mastered the ebb and flow of the biz, and from here on out, its more of how successful do I really want to be...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Somarco. Unfortunately I do not have the stand out qualities requisite to be on an ignore list. However, one strange thing about the board, is when someone is going on an ignore list, an announcement is made, almost like a come on...this could be latent homosexuality.

I will leave one message only if they bothered to record a personal outgoing message. Internet leads are mostly useless and it is more cost effective to just buy more leads.

Once I have talked to them, the ball is in their court. If I didn't impress them the first time, oh well. Often enough, they are mature enough to follow through. Chasing people who aren't ready, willing or able to buy is a waste of a professional's time.

I send out my dental website and every once in a while someone actually enrolls. Sometimes I get a call from a lead from months ago. It's a bonus.

So you are saying we should ignore latex homo's?

Let's take it one step further. I take it that you started this thread as a rather sad confession. We all know that you can write health insurance policies. You've certainly offered enough sage advice on the topic, and there was nothing extraordinary about this event.

So I'm going with you missed an opportunity and wanted us to know.

Here's why:

1. You are a single man about town in a rather large city, known for its late nights and wild parties.
2. This woman tracked you down after being on your ignore list for quite some time.
3. The only thing you offered her, by your own admission was an insurance policy( yea, you're the only agent in Atlanta?)

I'm sorry that this didn't work out for you, but you'll know better next time. Don't feel bad, it happens to everyone, besides, you're a young man, you'll have many more chances.

Dang, Bill. You nailed it.

I found out too late she is a massage therapist. Should have found that out from the start.

My people skills need honing. I need to spend more time fact finding before blowing someone off.

I probably could have worded that better . . .

Latest posts

Back