I hate it when this happens

Actually your verbiage worked out quite well in this thread.

Dang, Bill. You nailed it.

I found out too late she is a massage therapist. Should have found that out from the start.

My people skills need honing. I need to spend more time fact finding before blowing someone off.

I probably could have worded that better . . .

Dang, Bill. You nailed it.

I found out too late she is a massage therapist. Should have found that out from the start.

My people skills need honing. I need to spend more time fact finding before blowing someone off.

I probably could have worded that better . . .

There is always that policy review that you do at renewal time... We want a full report... and don't leave us hanging like you did on the initial sale. Pressure is on now.

Try emulating this little guy and the deal should go together better on renewal... :tongue:

This lady is 90 miles away. I need more info before burning up gas & time on a renewal.

Actually, this thread was a bit of a confession and a way to let new agents you never know where a sale will come from. Even though I had written her off as unresponsive, apparently my first impression was enough to keep her interested.

She has already referred me to a friend and that is always a plus.

I will also confess to baiting. I knew the comment about not leaving a message would generate discussion, both pro and con, and would draw out comments that might allow me to learn from others.

It also points out there are no absolute right or wrong ways to approach a client. What works for some may not for others. I am a firm believer that the best thing for the sales person is to "be themselves". While I break from that in not leaving a message, I also realize the "no message" changes the dynamics of the sale.

It doesn't just sound desperate, it is desperate.

If we never test the conventional wisdom, we never find better processes...

When I pick up a new number, I never leave a message on the first call.

I find that females (of all ages) are great testers, and they want to see if you're gonna leave some boring message like all the other lame-o's out there. They've got to play a little "hard to get".

I play a little "hard to get" too. I want 'em to know if they don't answer, they're not gonna get to talk to me.

Instead, I call them back an hour or two later. Nearly 100% answer rate on that call...

HaHa, great minds think alike Paul. It's all about having a system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OK.

When did we move from insurance leads to women?

Do you try to get in your leads pants? Do you try to sell your female friends health insurance?

Depends on the lead source.

Last edited:
Back