I Have a Few Questions

There was a time when I would not write a company that wasn't A rated. But I was mistaken in that. But even back then I would not have argued against replacement because of a rating.

And I was also misinformed that my E&O didn't cover companies not A rated. I learned that was wrong too.

And no, he was comparing Lifeshield and an almost $10/mo difference.

And back when I was of that belief I had not been in insurance that long and I had not seen companies bastardize their FE product in the name of that rating. Nor did I know then that companies buy those ratings.

He's been in the business 40 years.

There have been many changes over the years. Change is good, in my opinion.

If he has been in the business 40 years I would guess he can make his own standards. I am sure when he was only in the business 15 years or so he was different.

He also said he would not replace a company he writes. Sounds like he has standards. Maybe not yours or mine but his. Probably different than when he was young in the business.

I was reading what he typed which was $3. I could have misread it.

There have been many changes over the years. Change is good, in my opinion.

If he has been in the business 40 years I would guess he can make his own standards. I am sure when he was only in the business 15 years or so he was different.

He also said he would not replace a company he writes. Sounds like he has standards. Maybe not yours or mine but his. Probably different than when he was young in the business.

I was reading what he typed which was $3. I could have misread it.

Here's exactly what he said, "LifeShield is the lowest at $47.35. Transamerica is $56.50. $9.15 difference. I am not going to replace an A+ Superior company with a B rated carrier like LifeShield or Standard Life"

Not many ways to misread that.

Here's exactly what he said, "LifeShield is the lowest at $47.35. Transamerica is $56.50. $9.15 difference. I am not going to replace an A+ Superior company with a B rated carrier like LifeShield or Standard Life"

Not many ways to misread that.

You are correct. I read and was referring to ""The larger companies are within $3 a month in premium and I don't think the lead would change for that.""

We all have our own standards. As long as they are ethical, which can also be somewhat subjective in this business, I don't see questioning them. Yours are yours, mine are mine. I have seen guys replace stuff I never would. Different standards.

I ain't gonna replace a Transamerica policy and then go to my next lead and write them Transamerica. I guess I am not as good at replacements as you are.

I will not replace a Transamerica policy with a LifeShield. If an agent did that to me I think I could save the case

Then your walking away from biz plain and simple. The name of the carrier is meaningless if it offers the prospect a better product.

----------

So you're telling me you wouldn't replace trans graded policy if you could offer them something better?

I have never ran across a graded policy with Transamerica. Why would an agent write that?

Lower price doesn't mean it is a better product.

Saw a 61 year old man who had a liver transplant 12 years ago. Takes rejection meds. Any takers besides Gerber?
Tried calling my leads this week. Only reached a few and out of those that I didn't make contact with about half of them sent me a text asking who I was. Y'all ever have this happen?
I have expressed how frustrated I am in the area I am working now. Get in very few doors. Have had quite a few that have bought recently and that makes me feel even worse. Replaced a few LH, but when they say Transamerica I walk. Do any of you follow other agents? Seems like there are at least 3 others working in my area.

What area are you in? Panhandle?

Last edited:
Saw a 61 year old man who had a liver transplant 12 years ago. Takes rejection meds. Any takers besides Gerber?
Tried calling my leads this week. Only reached a few and out of those that I didn't make contact with about half of them sent me a text asking who I was. Y'all ever have this happen?
I have expressed how frustrated I am in the area I am working now. Get in very few doors. Have had quite a few that have bought recently and that makes me feel even worse. Replaced a few LH, but when they say Transamerica I walk. Do any of you follow other agents? Seems like there are at least 3 others working in my area.
In my experience, they filled out that card for a reason. Sometimes they are just lonely and need someone to talk to, but most of the time there is a "why." You get to figure that out. That's the fun part.

Back