I have a situation

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a couple some term. Both had exams. The company wants to know her due date. I know these people and they have no immediate plans to start a family. I don't think she even knows she is pregnant. Do I tell her?

You know she probably told the paramed she was pregnant. It is a question they ask. Don't assume she doesn't know. IF she had said no on the question and she flagged for pregnant, the underwriter would have told you that.

I think you're over thinking this one.

Wrote a couple some term. Both had exams. The company wants to know her due date. I know these people and they have no immediate plans to start a family. I don't think she even knows she is pregnant. Do I tell her?

Had a in case one time where a mother wanted coverage on her daughter. I stopped by to interview the daughter, mid 20's, and she told me she was pregnant before telling her mom.:err:

What!?

There is no privacy issue in telling the insured protected health information told to you by underwriting or another party. It is their PHI after all.

Just make sure you speak with her and not the husband. Also, I would not leave it in a voicemail, email or text.

While she almost certainly knows, maybe she doesn't and maybe she hasn't told him yet. So make sure you are speaking with her before saying anything.

There is no privacy issue in telling the insured protected health information told to you by underwriting or another party. It is their PHI after all.

Just make sure you speak with her and not the husband. Also, I would not leave it in a voicemail, email or text.

While she almost certainly knows, maybe she doesn't and maybe she hasn't told him yet. So make sure you are speaking with her before saying anything.
Are you suggesting that her husband might not be the baby daddy?:twitchy:

All I know, is that if a husband is finally buying life insurance on himself and his wife... and THEN finds out that his wife was cheating on him... well, this whole "insure your love" campaign probably couldn't have gotten any worse. And to cheat on a responsible man with someone else for a 'fling' would certainly show that woman's priorities.

Just sayin'.

Back