I Have Been Contacted by a Recruiter

wynterstar

I have never seriously considered selling insurance before. I am currently finishing a bachelors degree in finance and accounting, and I am not sure if accepting this chance is right for me or not.

The company is Western Southern Life. I have done a lot of research, and I know their training is exceptional. From reading other threads, I think I am required to pay for the training myself though.... which is a bummer.

Is the training expensive?? Does the company only pay commission or will I also receive a base pay??

I am a little on the fence, and I have absolutely no exposure to the profession. What should I know, is it a good opportunity for somebody planning to enter the financial services sector, and can I make good money while completing my degree??

I only have 2 part-time quarters of schooling left, and I do have a background in sales

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have never seriously considered selling insurance before. I am currently finishing a bachelors degree in finance and accounting, and I am not sure if accepting this chance is right for me or not.

The company is Western Southern Life. I have done a lot of research, and I know their training is exceptional. From reading other threads, I think I am required to pay for the training myself though.... which is a bummer.

Is the training expensive?? Does the company only pay commission or will I also receive a base pay??

I am a little on the fence, and I have absolutely no exposure to the profession. What should I know, is it a good opportunity for somebody planning to enter the financial services sector, and can I make good money while completing my degree??

I only have 2 part-time quarters of schooling left, and I do have a background in sales

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here is what I know and or think:

They pay a base salary at the start.

You don't pay for training that I am aware of.

It is a good place to start and learn this business.

Go for it if they will start you while you are finishing school. You have almost nothing to lose and even if you don't like it you will gain experience and your license.

Last edited:
Back