I have decided to KEEP my license

Brandon 8676

Expert
after some deliberation, I have decided to retain my state life and health licenses. Even though it didn’t workout with Torchmark, perhaps down the road I can get on with a different company and see success. I would probably have to be retrained to some extent, but hopefully it would be a little more comprehensive. Training with liberty National just seemed incredibly rushed.

I like the idea of helping people, and of course if you hit it right and persist, there is a healthy career to be had in the insurance business. I can tell you the higher end insurance gigs, especially from AD upward, they have FAR greater ceiling than 90% of the typical jobs that involve plants, mills, and warehouses. Maybe once I can stick a few thousand back in the bank, I can take the insurance risk again.

after some deliberation, I have decided to retain my state life and health licenses. Even though it didn’t workout with Torchmark, perhaps down the road I can get on with a different company and see success. I would probably have to be retrained to some extent, but hopefully it would be a little more comprehensive. Training with liberty National just seemed incredibly rushed.

I like the idea of helping people, and of course if you hit it right and persist, there is a healthy career to be had in the insurance business. I can tell you the higher end insurance gigs, especially from AD upward, they have FAR greater ceiling than 90% of the typical jobs that involve plants, mills, and warehouses. Maybe once I can stick a few thousand back in the bank, I can take the insurance risk again.

Dude - done told ya that peeps are in your area to help. Quit being so dramatic - grow a pair!

You could contact a few places. One Life has done (not sure currently) free lead programs for agents. There are also a few other agencies out of La Grange, Georgia, that may be able to help with lead costs. Also look up Paramount Benefits in Georgia.

Half the difficulty with an insurance career is finding a process that feels natural enough for you to ignore everything else and floor it. You have to get smacked around a little but once you find a situation that's actually a good match for you, you'll know. At least that's how it worked for me.

You could contact a few places. One Life has done (not sure currently) free lead programs for agents. There are also a few other agencies out of La Grange, Georgia, that may be able to help with lead costs. Also look up Paramount Benefits in Georgia.

One Life does have the Career side which provides leads with lower comp.

Paramount is a nice FMO. They sell a lot of CFG . . .

Back