I have had it with BCBS

mswebb06

Super Genius
I am 28 and my wife is 25 we have no health problems and we have the basic 80/20 plan with the materinity rider for my wife. 24 months ago this plan 275 per month, over the past two years our premium has skyrocketed to over 600.00 per month! For two years we have not even used our bcbs plan!

Some of the health experts give me some recommendations on some health carriers we should consider. Thanks!

I am 28 and my wife is 25 we have no health problems and we have the basic 80/20 plan with the materinity rider for my wife. 24 months ago this plan 275 per month, over the past two years our premium has skyrocketed to over 600.00 per month! For two years we have not even used our bcbs plan!

Some of the health experts give me some recommendations on some health carriers we should consider. Thanks!
Where are you located, what state? What do you do for a living?

Severe rate increases are common with BCBS. I contract with carriers that offer 18 month to 36 month rate locks. If you are in FL, pm me. I can help you find another option.

I am mentioning this because of family experience with Empire BCBS. Healthy people I know and family members I have spoken to have seen severe rate increases without putting in any claims. The only proof I could show is the rate increase letter, but I am sure you will take my word for it.

For example, one of my family members got a $200 rate increase and her rates were increased every 6 months before the premium got too steep and bailed to another carrier.

Last edited:
severe rate increases without putting in any claims

You realize the "severe" rate increases would come as well if there were claims submitted, right?

Do you understand the concept of pooling?

As for the OP, your rate is very much determined by many factors, including where you live. Each BX plan operates independently of the other, even when they have common parentage.

With most carriers, when you opt for maternity coverage there is usually a waiting period before conception. With most it is 12 months but a few have shorter waiting periods which is conditioned on your locale.

Back