I have had it with Uniscare!!

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
Unicare and their underwriting is horrendous. First they dont even get to one of my apps for 3 weeks then they start it and are requesting an APS for scripts that were taken for the flu 16 months ago. They run APS on every single applicant. Then they decline any one that takes a shiot at the wrong time of day!

Unicare and their underwriting is horrendous. First they dont even get to one of my apps for 3 weeks then they start it and are requesting an APS for scripts that were taken for the flu 16 months ago. They run APS on every single applicant. Then they decline any one that takes a shiot at the wrong time of day!

There is likely more going on here than what the client is telling you. Remember most carriers are running script searches now - and they can find other scripts not disclosed on the application.

You can always write a 30 day temp and push the eff date forward.

Just a thought...

Last edited:
Why are you writing UC at this point time......out of the top 5 co's I quote they have been coming in 4th............

Why are you writing UC at this point time......out of the top 5 co's I quote they have been coming in 4th............
The only real run for their money has always been BCBS in Texas only, other than that the other carriers come and go but never consistently beat them in price and / or coverage.

There are plus / minus of every plan , and every company - there is no "right" answer that's for sure.

Make sure you get this case issued with a 2007 effective date, PM me if you want to know why.

4th? Say what? Humana, Aetna and Blue Cross? Well first of all Blue Cross has a $3000 max on scripts and Aetna $5000. Unicare no max on scripts or Doc visits + they pay advanced commissions!!

and unicare blows off the books faster than a north texas cold front.... and they would turn down their own mother for a hangnail..... move on... not a player... well, the hsa VCP is cheap, but thats about it. i worked with unicare back when they first came to texas some 13 years ago or so... underwriting was a bitch... seems like we are back to thoses days

Back