I Have Liability and Uninsured Motets I Had a Accident with a Lady Were the Officer Couldn't Determi

ricky44

I have liability and uninsured motorist insurance I was in a collision with another car the officer couldn't find either at fault but come to find out she had no insurance does my insurance have to cover my truck she first lied said she was pregnant OK then said she had the green light and told officer she was covered all was a lie she's not pregnant didn't have green light and no insurance and my truck is totaled blue book 7600.00

Re: I Have Liability and Uninsured Motets I Had a Accident with a Lady Were the Officer Couldn't Determine who Was at Fa

Do you have collision or uninsured motorist PD?

If not then you have no coverage

Re: I Have Liability and Uninsured Motets I Had a Accident with a Lady Were the Officer Couldn't Determine who Was at Fa

You could probably have bought 20-30 years' worth of physical damage coverage for $8,000.

Also depends on state, Arizona has no UMPD.

not sure on your state but try small claims court, not like you'll get the money up front but the judges in NY have awarded damages before and garnished wages every week. I think the fact that she lied to the police would help your case.

did you buy your policy online or from an agent?

The reason I ask is I have found many who buy insurance online don't buy UMPD ( uninsured motorist property damage) coverage which could cover you in this situation. ( if available in your state) The cost for this coverage in Illinois is about $1-2 per month.

It is so cheap it's a no-brainer for liability only policies.

A number of years ago, several independent agent companies sent notices to their agents' customers suggesting they could save money by reducing their UM coverage. One company's flyer gave an example, in percentage format for the UM premium alone, of the savings by reducing your UM limits from $100/300/50 to $25/50/10. The dollar savings? $9.

I think you should get the required claims since your insurance plan covers uninsured motorist.

not sure what you mean by this but uninsured underinsured motorist only applies to medical not property damage

Back