I haven't been good for the industry

Because YOU didn't bother selling for the remaining 1,000 companies!

SHAME on you! It's all your fault! Your poor mother must really be ashamed! (Jewish guilt trip working on you yet?)

Actually, it's Ben Feldman's fault for dying and selling more than those companies put together.

When I started there were 1800 companies and growing.. Now 40+ years later there areless than 800.. I am sure it is all my fault...:twitchy:

Number of U.S. life insurers 1950-2016 | Statistic
I was thinking there were over 2,100 companies in 1973 when I started, so you've closed more companies than you're admitting to.:laugh:

It's just like every other industry, the big fish keep eating the little fish. :yes:

I was thinking there were over 2,100 companies in 1973 when I started, so you've closed more companies than you're admitting to.:laugh:

It's just like every other industry, the big fish keep eating the little fish. :yes:
Yeah, but when I was at AGLA, one of the managers from Tennessee was complaining about his company being taken over. He said, "If it wasn't for this one agent named Rouse...."

Yeah, but when I was at AGLA, one of the managers from Tennessee was complaining about his company being taken over. He said, "If it wasn't for this one agent named Rouse...."
Thought I had placed enough business in the 5 years I was with them to prop them up forever when I left in 1976....Didn't realize I would have to go back for 5 years in 2000 and do it again. Then after I left, they shut it down completely.. :)

Thought I had placed enough business in the 5 years I was with them to prop them up forever when I left in 1976....Didn't realize I would have to go back for 5 years in 2000 and do it again. Then after I left, they shut it down completely.. :)
You know, I've never caught that you and I were at AGLA at the same time. I was at Independent Life from '92 to '94. Went indie for a few years, then was at AGLA '99 to '03. When they shut it down, they kept my former district manager on to service the book. He's got all the clients that used to be covered by several district offices for 3 or 4 companies. Spends all his time just doing reviews, most of which he's cherry picking!

The average life insurance agent is 58.

More people need life insurance coverage now than ever, and (I'm pretty sure) a historic low of insurance agents that can help.

Sounds to me this is the best of times to sell life insurance!

Add to that it has never been easier. Scan, Cell phones, Eapp, SI and Non Med, email, text, and so on. 75 million baby boomer and a ton of them bought 20 year term twenty years ago.

The down side for some of the older agents is going to be the young guns are embracing the technology that we think is not important.

Out of the way, old dude!

On the other hand, Ben Feldman made a third of his lifetime life insurance commission AFTER he turned 65...

Add to that it has never been easier. Scan, Cell phones, Eapp, SI and Non Med, email, text, and so on. 75 million baby boomer and a ton of them bought 20 year term twenty years ago.

The down side for some of the older agents is going to be the young guns are embracing the technology that we think is not important.

Back