I just passed my exam...Am I too old to start at 40's : (

WOW, you are all really really old, but that being said, no you are not too old for the insurance biz, actually your age might help, balding or gray hair helps. People will trust you more then a 20 year old kid like me. It comes with the territory. What you get naturally with age I have to make up for with knowledge. Sometimes I just wish I was a little bit older

You SOB! I am actually a member of Pre-Paid Legal. Prepare to hear from my high priced law firm that I can access for a low monthly cost of $14.

If you weren't so old, I'd fly out there and give you a sound thrashing.

Rick

Do cargo planes fly out of CA to MO?

As the drunken mouse said, "bring on the damn cat!". "Hit me with your best shot." (That would be a great title for a song.)

40 plus or 50 plus or 60 plus can work. So long as the years come with some life experience, the ability to talk with people and the ability to learn new things.

Older people are the ones with the money. Gray hair is an asset especially for selling senior market policies such as Medigap, annuities and LTC. All things being equal, older folks will trust you more than someone who is not their contemporary.

Good Luck,

Gray hair is an asset especially for selling senior market policies such as Medigap, annuities and LTC. All things being equal, older folks will trust you more than someone who is not their contemporary.

There IS a flip side to this. Often older people will want a younger person as a financial adviser (or lawyer) whom they trust AND who will out-live them so as to be able to take care of their family or legacy.

I still make a lot of my own investment decisions using discount brokers. However, I just opened a brokerage account for my IRA and other accounts with a bright 27 year old guy because he will out-live me (I presume) and if he stays in the business I can rest assured that things will be done as I want them done with respect to my estate. As I go into retirement I want someone who is going to have the energy to keep on top of funds, stocks, etc. for me as well as the latest investment 'trends' and regs. Yes, it will cost... but everything costs.

Al

Senior: another bad night last night....this is getting to be a habit....remember you are not a young as you think you are...so just go and curl up on the porch and say "stranger in the yard".....:D:D:D

Newold,

I'm interested in learning the reason(s) you may think being 40 is too old to take tests or start a new career? Did your study Prep conflict with an existing job? Are you responsible for children and getting them to/from school etc? Time and attention demands that detract from studying may likely be the culprits rather than being 40. I applaud your effort, particularly if you're studying while trying to take care of a spouse, parent, child and meeting the demands of another job. I applaud your effort even if you aren't tending to others. Interestingly, you're the second person this week to link middle age with learning difficulties. Now changing ways is a different story . . .

Jim

Back