I know going in-gonna be sorry I asked this!

Back in the 80' and mid 90's, UA was a VERY strong brand. One of the strongest. :yes:
Yep.. The very first medicare supp I ever wrote was with UA.. Didn't use anyone else for a couple of years and then Pioneer Life began to beat their rates so badly, it was a case of picking them up for self preservation.. :yes:

Yep.. The very first medicare supp I ever wrote was with UA.. Didn't use anyone else for a couple of years and then Pioneer Life began to beat their rates so badly, it was a case of picking them up for self preservation.. :yes:
I was captive with UA at that time and remember when Pioneer became competitive.

I was captive with UA at that time and remember when Pioneer became competitive.
Did not know that UA ever had captive agents back in that day.. Or was it that you were just captive with a GA? ... I was a GA and i those days the only way you could have agents was to put them on LOA.. I was allowed to submit nets with both companies.. was pretty nice having the cash i your checking account the day you wrote the application. Of course, back then no one advanced for MS.

Medicare Standardization on 7.1.92 killed UA. Prior to 7.1.92, there was no limiting charge on Part B. If the surgeon billed for $2000, and, Medicare allowed $800, the insured was responsible for the balance. UA & Pioneer life were the only companies that would pick up the balance. Most all other med supp companies only paid the 20%.
UA and Pioneer Life paid 60-70% first year commission! Standardization on 7.1.92 required the "2 to 1 rule". Renewals had to be 50% of first year commission. There was no way these two companies could pay 60-70% FYC and 30-35% renewals.
My last Pre Standardized client died a few weeks ago. She was 97.

I was capitive with UA in 03, at that point they had already phased out of selling MS and went into indemnity plans for small business and cancer.

You should be able to save them $50 a month going from F to G if they've had it a few years. Maybe, when you're trying to talk them into moving from F to N....they might get the idea that you aren't too bright. :wacko:;)

Just ask them if they want to pay the insurance company $350- $600 a year for the insurance company to pay a $185 benefit. I haven't had a person yet tell me that they did. I think you'd do better to go from F to G. :yes:

I agree, if you're only saving the $50 a month going from F to N... Pass. Personally, I'd just move them to a lower plan F.

However, if I can save you $50 on plan F to G, that's a different story.

Did not know that UA ever had captive agents back in that day.. Or was it that you were just captive with a GA? ... I was a GA and i those days the only way you could have agents was to put them on LOA.. I was allowed to submit nets with both companies.. was pretty nice having the cash i your checking account the day you wrote the application. Of course, back then no one advanced for MS.
I was captive with Globe Life. After Torchmark bought both, they gradually did away with the Globe name (except for their mail order and group business. The Globe Life career side became UA career agents. We didn't make near as much as the independents and they wouldn't let us change contracts. We were really getting screwed.

They started advancing on monthly bank drafts when they became popular, but a lot of people were sceptical about bank drafts at 1st.

I was captive with Globe Life. After Torchmark bought both, they gradually did away with the Globe name (except for their mail order and group business. The Globe Life career side became UA career agents. We didn't make near as much as the independents and they wouldn't let us change contracts. We were really getting screwed.

They started advancing on monthly bank drafts when they became popular, but a lot of people were sceptical about bank drafts at 1st.
Yeah, new agents look at me as if I am from another planet when I tell them that over 80% annual premium mode in those days. The rest was fairly well divided between semi annual, quarterly, direct bill monthly and monthly bank draft.

UA HDF for the win. I have 20 on books, never a rate increase, Never lost a client, lifetime commish, and probably the product I would personally own if I was 65.

Take the list of leads and work it, but dont expect much result

What is the commission on a $25 a month HDG? They seem to always be the lowest for HD plans in TN and GA....

Back