I know why duals are an "under served" market!

AgentBartlett

Expert
I have been working the "under served" dual market and I set appts the day before because I want them to show up. It wouldn't matter if I was setting the appt. from my cell phone in front of their house for 10 minutes from now, THEY WOULD NOT SHOW!!! I'm venting (could you tell?) I am going to let them continue to be under served. They over-deSERVE it. FE here I come!! I almost bought a list for low income, I'm glad I didn't. They are unreliable. What income range do you guys look for in a FE prospect?

I have yet to meet a member of MENSA who is on Medicaid.

They do not want to talk about insurance because they usually have no idea how it works. They just know that when the go to the doc they do not have to pay anything.

I carry Medicaid products just in case I run into one, but usually I try and stay away.

I had my first run with Medicare this last season. I have to agree with the Midwest Broker. Dual eligibles were harder to market to beacuse everything is already free for them. A lot of them seem to think they are going to lose something by joining the plan and def didn't know much about how insurance works. Still good to have access to SNP plans but I tried to stay away as well!

Smiling and Dialing,

Candace

Most Snp plans will also accept people with a Low income subsidy .... I seriously think i have a 99% closing ratio with these people as long as their doctor is in the Evercare network... Because they make to much to get rides to the doctor and free silver sneakers yada yada yada...

If they dont have LIS I help them apply for it over the phone right there! It can be hard to determine if they have that subsidy sometimes... I have had apps rejected because they did not have LIS...

Most of the time people on full blown medicaid get all the free stuff but I always say... You know most senior feel the same way, but what they have come to see is that Evercare allows them to have a choice... Ya you get free rides on public transit, and you can still do that, but with evercare its only going to be you and the doctor... plus some of my clients in your situation use nothing but the extra 15 credits per month to purchase lotion, shampoo, over the counter medications.... thats 180 credits per month... do you think that feature alone will save you money?

Great I just need your medicare and medicaid card to get this plan started...

another selling point to duals is that if they have a spend down instead of paying 20% of all the bills until the spend down is met, they will now have a small copay instead that will contribute to their spend down.... and I know on most plans seeing the primary physician is nothing, where with a spend down they would pay for that....

Most Snp plans will also accept people with a Low income subsidy .... I seriously think i have a 99% closing ratio with these people as long as their doctor is in the Evercare network... Because they make to much to get rides to the doctor and free silver sneakers yada yada yada...

If they dont have LIS I help them apply for it over the phone right there! It can be hard to determine if they have that subsidy sometimes... I have had apps rejected because they did not have LIS...

Most of the time people on full blown medicaid get all the free stuff but I always say... You know most senior feel the same way, but what they have come to see is that Evercare allows them to have a choice... Ya you get free rides on public transit, and you can still do that, but with evercare its only going to be you and the doctor... plus some of my clients in your situation use nothing but the extra 15 credits per month to purchase lotion, shampoo, over the counter medications.... thats 180 credits per month... do you think that feature alone will save you money?

Great I just need your medicare and medicaid card to get this plan started...

another selling point to duals is that if they have a spend down instead of paying 20% of all the bills until the spend down is met, they will now have a small copay instead that will contribute to their spend down.... and I know on most plans seeing the primary physician is nothing, where with a spend down they would pay for that....

*EDIT* (EDIT button not working)

I meant to say rides to the doctor will only be "you and the driver" and 15 credits a month equals 180 per year not 180 per month

*EDIT*

Back