I messed up. What do you think?

indmedins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Florida
I just wrote a client on Humana and forgot to check the box for yes, client has been to a doctor in the past 2 years for a checkup. Now they are ordering medical records. Do you think this is do to my mistake? Should I call Humana and tell them of my mistake or just let the medical records be ordered.

Just to give you some backround info, my client has hypertension, had rhinoplasty, and hasn't had health coverage ever. Perhaps this is why they are ordering medical records. I am not sure. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Ahh Grasshopper, no matter how fast you reach for that pebble, your not going to get it back.
it's worth a try. No harm in letting Humana know you made a mistake. My guess is though, once the wheels went into motion, it probably won't stop. The HBP would trigger that if they didn't have a check up. They also probably want to know about the nose job even though they will rider it anyway. Some of it depends on the persons age also. When disclosing HBP you should always give them the last few readings (if they were good). I think the main reason your out of luck is that if that person has HBP, their doctor is requiring them to come in once a year for a med check. They want to know how they are getting the meds without doing that. I would be curious too.

Nothing you can do, they will order the records.
The basic philosophy isn't so much not checking the box (which might do it by itself) but why get health insurance NOW if you haven't had it before.

Either way, they probably would have ordered the health records.

I always tell my clients that an online screen will be done, prescription meds will be checked, AND it is likely that health records will be ordered. If that doesn't happen, no worries. If it does, I've already mentioned that it probably will.

Unless it's group, then nobody cares. GI.

Dan

I just wrote a client on Humana and forgot to check the box for yes, client has been to a doctor in the past 2 years for a checkup. Now they are ordering medical records. Do you think this is do to my mistake? Should I call Humana and tell them of my mistake or just let the medical records be ordered.

Just to give you some backround info, my client has hypertension, had rhinoplasty, and hasn't had health coverage ever. Perhaps this is why they are ordering medical records. I am not sure. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Did you note the hypertension and rhinoplasty in the application and give the details along with any medication information with dates of last treatment, etc. If you did they may be understand that this was a mistake. However, if you didn't detail this information it will look like you were trying to slide one by underwriting? Just an opinion since I have no experience with writing Humana.

Did you note the hypertension and rhinoplasty in the application and give the details along with any medication information with dates of last treatment, etc. If you did they may be understand that this was a mistake. However, if you didn't detail this information it will look like you were trying to slide one by underwriting? Just an opinion since I have no experience with writing Humana.

Yes. I did detail those in the app.

they are ordering APS for those two things, so it is not for a box you didn't check. they want to know the situation with HT and make sure there have been no effects for the rhino.

I would call and let them know about the doctor visit, it's not a huge issue but that way if it shows up on the APS they will already know about it.

Someone with HTN who has not seen a doc in 2 yrs is the reason for the APS. They may also request a paramed exam, or defer until he has a recent physical.

Back