I need a Health net contract. Who should i go with?

007agent

I am writing in NC and VA. I need to get a health net contract and fast. I hear they are paying good commisions and they have a good product. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the highest most hassle free contract with health net?

Direct with HealthNet. You can submit a request to be appointed with your first piece of business. You don't have to be appointed until then. It is a completely hassle-free appointment.

Of course, this is true in California, ymmv.

Dan

To sell their MA plans, you need appointment and certification 1st. Very easy. I think you can do most of it from Healthnet.com.

If you are talking about their Healthy Heart plan, it is the best benefit plan. They also have a dual SNP that is excellent.

Commissions for MAPD is $500. Not too bad.

Rick

For California, but I would think the 800 number at the bottom of this can probably refer you where needed................

Become Contracted

How to Contract with Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company
We invite you to represent Health Net for your Individual & Family, Employer Group and Medicare business. Health Net's competitive line of products are easy to sell and our commission rates are competitive.
[FONT=Verdana,Lucida Grande,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]PLEASE NOTE- Before selling our Medicare products, brokers must first pass our certification test. Please visit our training center to learn about our products and take the certification exam.[/FONT]
In order to contract with us, you will need to have written or assumed your first piece of Health Net business. Using our online quoting engines for Individual and Small Group commercial business or working directly with a Health Net Commercial or Medicare Representative, you can obtain the plan information and rates you need for your clients.
Upon writing or assuming your first Health Net group or individual contract, you will need to complete, sign and return the following documentation to your Health Net Individual, Commercial or Medicare Representative.
  • Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company Agent / Broker Agreements.
  • A legible copy of your current California Life Agent license.
  • A W9 form.
  • Proof of Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance coverage.
When completing the paperwork above, please ensure that:
  • The name on the Agreement, license and W9 form match exactly.
  • If paid to a corporation, the corporation's tax identification number is provided.
  • If paid to an individual, the individual's social security number is provided.
  • To become a Medicare Broker please contact Health Net Broker Services unit at 1 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]800 708 7646[/FONT].

How is their customer service?

Are they agent friendly?

(With respect to California 800-909-3447 option 1)

I dare you to try to get anyone in their agent support area on the phone in less than 10 minutes on hold! I tired 3 times this week. Zippo. I hung up and they lost a sale. (If I hear one more frickin' carrier say "... but your call is important to us..." I'm going to jump out the window!)

I find HN to have the worst customer service on the planet. People say they take forever to pay the claims and their docs complain about it to them. (I don't have first-hand evidence of this as I've not written a HN plan but have some Nationwide clients who have been 'absorbed.'

The NH plans look good as do their rates but trying to deal with their infrastructure is a nightmare compared to the Blues.

They have a long, long, LONG history of customer/agent service problems... going back to Foundation Health days (I still see Dan Crowley at my club from time to time... he's into venture capital deals now.) To HN's credit they recognize this service issue and I'm told that they are working hard to fix things... but I've not seen it or heard about it from 'real' people. Their field reps are always telling me "It's all fixed" but THEY don't have to call agent support!

BTW, in CA their MAPD plans are PFFS only. I think the Ruby plan is over-priced at $80. I don't write PFFS plans as I don't like the "Doctor can treat you Monday but refuse you Tuesday" caveat. I won't put seniors (anyone) with that risk... since I would not put wife (who is on medicare... Blue Cross Freedom One) at that risk... I only sell what I myself would use. I'm fine with PPOs and HMOs and plain old traditional Medicare (with sups if possible)... but I don't want to mess with PFFS. But of course YMMV.

Al

BTW, in CA their MAPD plans are PFFS only. I think the Ruby plan is over-priced at $80. I don't write PFFS plans as I don't like the "Doctor can treat you Monday but refuse you Tuesday" caveat. I won't put seniors (anyone) with that risk... since I would not put wife (who is on medicare... Blue Cross Freedom One) at that risk... I only sell what I myself would use. I'm fine with PPOs and HMOs and plain old traditional Medicare (with sups if possible)... but I don't want to mess with PFFS. But of course YMMV.

Al
Jesus Christ! Do you even have a license????

You are absolutely wrong AGAIN! Health Net has PPO, HMO and PFFS plans. What they do on Medicare has nothing to do with what they do on commercial.

The Ruby plan is an HMO so there are no claim problems because everything is capitated. It may suck for "regular" Medicare, but it's great for dual as it has zero premium, zero copays, and other services not usually available.

In Los Angeles County for example, Health Net has an HMO called Healthy Heart. Virtually all services are at zero copay and their is no premium. It's the best plan around (if you must be in an HMO).

We all know what you like to sell but that has nothing to do with the question.

Rick

Jesus Christ! Do you even have a license????

Anger management issues again, Rick?

You are absolutely wrong AGAIN!

Yes I was. But there is no reason for you to be insulting. But then again you ALWAYS are... with EVERYONE.... even your clients. (You want to talk about Linda D.?)

The Ruby plan is an HMO so there are no claim problems because everything is capitated. It may suck for "regular" Medicare, but it's great for dual as it has zero premium, zero copays, and other services not usually available.

I don't sell into the dual-elig. market.

In Los Angeles County for example, Health Net

I don't live in LA.

We all know what you like to sell but that has nothing to do with the question.

So AGAIN, you want to be the forum cop and determine what we can post, what is on topic, etc? I thought we had this discussion a month ago... and you were voted off the island.

Calm down, Rick. Take a breath. I don't think we want you flaming people because they posted incorrect information.... no matter how often. You should be polite to people and not take misinformation personally. All you have to do is to correct what someone posts... not jump up and down, turn red-faced, and raise your blood pressure to stroke-out levels.

We're all trying to do the best we can here... and to be honest and blunt about it, you don't help matters a whole lot when you beat up on people for making a mistake.

Chill. It's going to be OK.

Al

Both of you need to take some midol and watch The Life Time Channel. :D
120631UACy_w.jpg

It must be the air in CT. Besides waiting for 7 weeks for Secure Horizons (UHC) to get me appointed I have to put up with Health Net as well. After leaving 3 messages and send an email to get appointed a few weeks ago I finally get a cold email that says I need to take online test (done before I called) and wait for training class sometime in February.

A week later I get an email saying class is on Feb 5th. Can't submit paperwork until the day of class.

I sure hopre their customer service is better than what I'm getting. I've got about 100 senior clients in a county here in CT that only Health Net covers for the zero premium (the major hospital is the key). That didn't seem to excite her. I'm not sure why I'd have to do 3 hour class here in CT but not elsewhere.

It has been a nightmare trying to get going with the MAPD here with the nightmares explained above. Fortunately there is a company in CT called Connecticare that has a great zero premium I can use for the customers out of my county.

Throw in the bogus appointments set up by telemarketing21.com aka medicareadvantageleads.com and it has really sucked. They either send you to people who have all said no (all 5 in one day) or they tell the senior you are from Medicare (the next 5 the following day). 3 of the seniors called Medicare before I got there and told me at the door it was a scam and no thanks. Their great refund policy says that sometimes seniors hear the word Medicare and get confused so no refunds for those.

Yeah...these seniors were so confused they called Medicare to check on it. They were all sharp seniors. What a scam.

Back