I need Health for 1 to 9 lives and 10+ lives - Business / Employees

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
I'm enjoying the Term world. It has morphed me into the Worksite world on the Life / Disability side.

In my conversations with the Owners / Managers - almost everyone of them ask about Health Insurance / Major Medical . . .

The need has arose - I need to add it in my bag.

Have no clue about this market.

Advice on who I need to contract with?

Let me say that I'm not looking to go after the big companies. My market is maybe 1 to 25 person small / medium businesses.

Found two Partners to handle our groups Major Medical needs - focusing on 2 to 25+ Lives.

Will run CI, DI, HI, Accident and Life through Assurity Worksite.

Have a lot to learn . . .

Baby Steps - just have to get in the door and get a Census or if presently covered, their last Contract and Info. Going to leave the big Groups alone for now . . .

"I need Health for 1 to 9 lives"

Haha, I don't write health insurance, and for a quick second when I saw the title, I thought you were looking for coverage for a cat, lol.

Found two Partners to handle our groups Major Medical needs - focusing on 2 to 25+ Lives.

Will run CI, DI, HI, Accident and Life through Assurity Worksite.

Have a lot to learn . . .

Baby Steps - just have to get in the door and get a Census or if presently covered, their last Contract and Info. Going to leave the big Groups alone for now . . .
get the renewal date first. if renewal is within 90 days, you have a shot. outside of that window, don't bother them. timing is everything with small group. i'd highly advise you to review and master the underwriting guidelines for the carriers you plan on writing. understand participation ratios, the meaning of eligible and non-eligible along with contribution scenarios (not a minimum 50%, this is vanilla).

get the renewal date first. if renewal is within 90 days, you have a shot. outside of that window, don't bother them. timing is everything with small group. i'd highly advise you to review and master the underwriting guidelines for the carriers you plan on writing. understand participation ratios, the meaning of eligible and non-eligible along with contribution scenarios (not a minimum 50%, this is vanilla).

Thanks.

Using National General and UHC for the health. Using Assurity and Manhatten Life for everything else.

Back