I Need Health Insurance but had cancer what is a GOOD policy

In 2014 it won't matter. You can wait until you get ill or seriously injured and buy insurance then.

Thank you Obama-san.

What I've been wondering is this: Will you really be able to buy insurance on the way to the hospital? I think not.

Will you really be able to buy a plan after you've had a heart attack?

It depends.

I think companies are going to be able to put several "gotcha clauses" into the plans. The most obvious one is that coverage is not effective until the first of the following month.
:biggrin:

They may even be able to do this: Coverage is not effective until the first of the month FOLLOWING APPROVAL. Hmmm, I wonder how many applications are going to get approved on the 2nd and 3rd of the month?
:yes:

Surely, it is not going to be quite as simple to just pick up coverage when you need it.

This is why I'm thinking it really will make sense to carry low cost temporary health plans - until you need a big one.

Or - the limited benefit plans, if they're affordable enough.

There will be a new wave of gap-filler plans designed to cover the new gaps that Obamacare will create.

So did anyone get back with that guy yet?

Even though STM plans and some limited benefit plans seem to be exempt from Obamacrap now, that could change. And since they are not compliant the insured will most likely still incur the tax penalty.

In some states STM is considered creditable coverage, but some states apparently are mute and leave it up to the carrier to determine what is and is not creditable coverage.

Obamacrap does not seem to override HIPAA portability, but depending on how the final act is implemented, creditable coverage may become a thing of the past.

Massachusetts applied small group rules to individual plans which allow residents to jump in to individual plans on a GI basis with no waiting period or p-x limits. Since Obamacrap idealized Romneycare they may allow something similar.

Sebelius can't even make up her mind on preventive care or GI for kids and MLR is still being debated. Over the next few years, regardless of November elections, there will be more debate as regs are being formulated.

Obamacrap is far from being finalized and who knows what will come out the other end.

Back