I need help with this objection

Labman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Lately when cold calling business, for voluntary deductions through Colonial Life, the owners keep telling me their employees cannot afford any more deductions. What would be some good responses to this objection? Thanks!

Re: Need help with this objection

Lately when cold calling business, for voluntary deductions through Colonial Life, the owners keep telling me their employees cannot afford any more deductions. What would be some good responses to this objection? Thanks!

Truthfully? Finding some other product(s) to sell would be the best idea. Quit bangin' your head against the wall.

If people have a choice between paying for cable TV or cancer insurance, guess which one wins?

Tell them, they can't afford NOT to have this insurance. Let me show you how you can fit it in your budget.

Then explain how they only need to skip 1 meal a day, and its more than affordable.

Tell them, they can't afford NOT to have this insurance. Let me show you how you can fit it in your budget.

Then explain how they only need to skip 1 meal a day, and its more than affordable.

Hey, hey, hey!!! I ain't cutting back to just 6-meals a day!

Cold call industries that are doing well or you might want to cold call non profits since they don't work for their money.

Insurance poor is an expression that comes to mind. It is an old saying that means you have so much insurance you are too poor to buy anything else. I think a lot of wage earners are feeling insurance poor.

I know you didn't post this to get beat up or for the answers you are getting, but AFLAC. Colonial, Combined, ect. are luxuries that the average wage earner just can't afford in this turbulent economy. They have had a hundred insurance salesmen knock on their door before you showed up and that kind of experience lends itself to some very unsolvable objections.

With the skills you have learned from door knocking you may want to branch out into some other lines that people consider more of a necessity. Creating a need doesn't mean they really need it, and it also doesn't mean they can afford it.

Back