I Need Help

Gadjit

Hello, This is my first post after finding this site, and I am certain this will be a valuable resource for me in the future!

My issue is this....I am being sued and I dont have E&O!

That aside, my problem is this, I showed a client a plan of insurance with a 12 month wait on maternity, she got pregnant before it ran out and is now suing me for medical costs. She states that I told her she had maternity, and never informed her of a waiting period. I did inform her verbally and sent 2 separate emails with Company brochures attached that said no maternity. Additionally, my state allows for a 10 day free look on health insurance, and her policy states no mat coverage for 12 months.

Basically she did not read anything I sent her or anything she got in the mail until after she was preggnant and now needs someone to pay for it other than her.

I am hiring an attorney, but has anyone ever heard of any cases regarding this issue? (client responsibility to read material for themselves) or anything else that may help me out?

I am confident that I will win, I just want to make sure I have all the info I need.

Thank you so much for any help you have.

Gadjit

Back