I Need Some Advice on Appointments !

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
Would someone be willing to share with me how you handle the initial appointment, when you are gathering information to prepare a quote?

I wish I could see what my competitors are doing when they are gathering information for their quotes, but we know that can't happen.

Although I am getting plenty of appointments, plenty of quotes, and a good percentage of my quotes become clients, I feel like I am taking way too much time on the intitial meeting and getting the quotes prepared in a timely fashion. Some of the questions I have are:

1. Do you fill out the applications, and get signatures, during your initial meeting?
2. Do you have a questionnaire that you use to gather info?
3. Do you use the figures from the clients current dec pages to get an apples to apples quote, and then tell them where the gaps are and how much extra it is going to cost them to fill the gaps and be properly insured?
4. BIG ONE HERE, Do you fax or email quotes? I think it is a bad idea but maybe that is the way it's done, and expected in the commercial arena?

If you would be willing to share some info with me it would be appreciated very much. I busted my butt last year, and have over 500 renewal dates for 2011. Last week I wrote 7 applications for quotes from cold calls I made last year, but I know there has got to be a better way. I would like to make the most of all the time I spent on the phone last year getting these renewals. I have set a goal of writing 200 new business off of my renewal list.

The good news is, I don't get rolled nearly as often as I was, thanks to the Wedge, I simply feel that there has to be a better way so that I look more professional at commercial insurance. I will do alright the way I am doing it, but I'm looking to do exceptionally well.

Do you know of any sales classes for commercial insurance? I have CIC commercial casualty coming up January 26-29.

Re: Need Some Advice on Appointments,please.

The Academy is the organization behind the CIC designation. They also have a 2.5 day class called Dynamics of Selling. Go to it. With what they call the DAQ, I actually think it does a better job of preventing getting rolled than The Wedge.
I am sure they will tell you about it at your CIC Casualty class.

The Academy is the organization behind the CIC designation. They also have a 2.5 day class called Dynamics of Selling. Go to it. With what they call the DAQ, I actually think it does a better job of preventing getting rolled than The Wedge.
I am sure they will tell you about it at your CIC Casualty class.

Thanks for the advice.;)

There are no secrets, it is hard work to build a book of business. The one thing I don't do is email or fax a quote to a new business prospect or a renewal where I have competition. If they are not willing to meet with you to review the quote they are not a great prospect. Those are the same clients that have issues when their GL and work comp audits and blame them on you. I meet to present the quote and I come prepared with all of the binding doc's, finance agreement, etc and then I use an assumptive close because they have been properly qualified. There is nothing to "think about" because we have already outlined what it would take for them to do business with me.

"Do you have a questionnaire that you use to gather info?

Yes I use a form, so I make sure I write all info needed.I also bring with me a letter to get loss runs. I used to come back from appointment and found out that I don't have their current policy number or something else.

Definitely a form is helpfull.
Where did you complete your CIC designation?

"Do you have a questionnaire that you use to gather info?

Yes I use a form, so I make sure I write all info needed.I also bring with me a letter to get loss runs. I used to come back from appointment and found out that I don't have their current policy number or something else.

Definitely a form is helpfull.
Where did you complete your CIC designation?

I do have a questionaire that I made myself and would be happy to email it to you to review and see if it is adequate.

I have not been told about taking a letter for loss runs, I have been letting the prospect get those. Could you share an example?

I am just starting in commercial so I don't have my CIC yet. I still need a few classes.

Thanks for your help...

I'll be glad to send you a copy of what I use for loss run requests. I also have a few industry specific questionnaires I have devised I would also send your way. Email me. I tried to email you but it didn't work.

Back