I Need Some Help

insurance lady

I am new to the insurance Business. I am in the process of getting contracted with Ameri Life. Does any body know any thing about this company.

Never worked there and I know there are many branches all around. Not sure what carriers they represent. You will be captive, but might not be a bad idea to work there for 6 months to a year to get your feet wet as an insurance professional. Seems that they focus on the senior market, life and annuities.

What I understand from agents I know who worked there, you'll have to sell face to face. However, most agencies look like a storefront, so perhaps prospects or existing clients you will service come to see you in the office too. The agents I spoke with didn't like the prospecting Ameri-life made them do. Apparently you don't work leads, but drum up business by making cold calls. I am sure they didn't like it because that entails work, but I never heard them speak about ameri-life as an untrustworthy agency. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. Can you get out of the contract if you want to. Please email me @ [email protected] with your reply. I would love to ask you some more questions about this company.

Thanks

The insurance lady

Can you get out of the contract if you want to.

No offense - but why do agents always go into a relationship thinking they may have to leave?

I understand the "release" part - but, if you negotiate a decent contract upfront - why leave?

In addition - for a GA to recruit someone, train them, motivate them, mentor them, be responsible for their debt, etc - if someone decided to leave me and I had done my part and provided those items mentioned above - they would have to wait until all advances and chargebacks were satisfied before I would release them. Once that period has passed and the agent was still wanting to leave - C Ya . . .

Tom

No offense - but why do agents always go into a relationship thinking they may have to leave?

Here's why:

Most (not all, but most), IMO/FMO/GAs etc., etc. are virtually worthless, and add no value for their override/cut.

So if you're getting no value for the haircut in comp you're taking, why not go direct (or with someone else) for more money?

It's mercenary cuz the IMOs/FMOs etc. have made it that way!

Here's why:

Most (not all, but most), IMO/FMO/GAs etc., etc. are virtually worthless, and add no value for their override/cut.

So if you're getting no value for the haircut in comp you're taking, why not go direct (or with someone else) for more money?

It's mercenary cuz the IMOs/FMOs etc. have made it that way!

The prospect should have figured that out first hand by performing basic due diligence, ie: reference checks, speaking to present agents, etc.

When I was seeking my FMO's for ForeThought - I asked one recruiter for references - he didn't think that was a big deal and blew me off - so, I blew him off.

I, personally don't have a problem with releases if the new FMO agrees to be responsible for the debt of the agent and the carrier obliges. Actually - if someone feels I'm doing my job as a Team Leader - I don't want to listen to their whining anyway - C Ya . . .

But - I see your point.

Tom

Latest posts

Back