I Passed my SC P&C Exam! (I Have a Few Questions)

RockySC

I almost started a thread a few days ago leading up to my test day but it totally slipped my mind. Anyway, last week I took the Brewer Insurance School class (Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5:30pm) and I scheduled my exam for Thursday two days ago. I studied quite a bit, both from the book and from the ExamFX site that I had a membership with from the Brewer class I took.

Over the last 48 hours before test day I took the exam simulation three times, and each and every time I scored a 78%. I thought that was really weird, being so exact each time. When I was doing it, and I do not recommend this to anyone but it worked for me, my goal was to complete the simulations as quickly as possible. The purpose of this was to not second guess myself. I read the questions carefully, eliminated the wrong answers, then marked the ones I couldn't answer from there. Once I went through and answered the ones I knew for sure I went back to tackle the ones I marked. I ended up averaging around 15 questions marked and completing the simulations in 40 to 60 minutes.

In the end I passed the P&C exam with a score of 83.3% and I completed it in 60 minutes, but I had to mark far more questions - almost 30 on the real test.

I was shocked how much stuff was on the real exam that I either didn't remember from the book or was never mentioned on any of the simulations. I'll be honest, around a quarter of the way through I thought I was going to fail it. I accepted that as fact but went ahead and tried the best I could. Seeing not only the word pass, but also the score, thrilled me!

I have two State Farm offices interested in speaking with me, and I am also speaking with someone locally who works through GuideOne that works exclusively with churches.

My main question is this however - my wife currently works at a State Farm office a few towns over. Do any of you guys have any experience with your husband or wife also working in insurance, at a completely different office? I'd love to hear some opinions on this one.

The real exam was rough but I'm glad I passed it. It did indeed have tons of confusing and almost "trick" questions. I wonder if the purpose of this is for the state to make as much money off of people as possible needing to take the exam over and over or if it's done on purpose to truly test reading comprehension skills, trying to sort out the best folks.

I guess I'm kidding myself on that one and that it's more the former rather than the latter, but still.

Oh boy...you are going to hate me for telling you this. AND...when I passed...I felt the SAME WAY!

I wish you so much luck. Would love to help, but I'm in Florida.

However.....I graduated from USA in SC....PM me where you are!:D

Oh boy...you are going to hate me for telling you this. AND...when I passed...I felt the SAME WAY!

I wish you so much luck. Would love to help, but I'm in Florida.

However.....I graduated from USA in SC....PM me where you are!:D

Where in florida are you? I just completed my 2-15 yesterday with an 86% :) now trying to find somewhere I will fit in :)

Back