I picked up a paper check today.

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
OK, so it was yesterday.

Met with a lady yesterday to do an FE policy. The appointment went great and the tea and cake were awesome! Super sharp 81 year old lady.

The problem and solution - We are going to be drafting third and of course I suggested that we do the TIAA. I explained we could simply draft the first premium. So she insist on writing a check for the first month. I had to call the company to ask if I still uploaded the app and mailed the check or needed to wait for a policy number to add to the check. Answer - scan the check and they mobile deposit it.

I grew up in this business always picking up checks. But truthfully it has been a while since picking up a paper check on FE policies. Even old dogs learn things.

OK, so it was yesterday.

Met with a lady yesterday to do an FE policy. The appointment went great and the tea and cake were awesome! Super sharp 81 year old lady.

The problem and solution - We are going to be drafting third and of course I suggested that we do the TIAA. I explained we could simply draft the first premium. So she insist on writing a check for the first month. I had to call the company to ask if I still uploaded the app and mailed the check or needed to wait for a policy number to add to the check. Answer - scan the check and they mobile deposit it.

I grew up in this business always picking up checks. But truthfully it has been a while since picking up a paper check on FE policies. Even old dogs learn things.
Columbian and Settlers have a for you use to fax in the check with the app.

OK, so it was yesterday.

Be careful! If you're not careful, you'll be turning into an old debit agent picking up cash every month! :1laugh:

On the other hand, this old debit agent just got off a 3-way call helping a client update her card info for her AIG policy. So here's to us old dogs learning stuff today!

tenor.gif

Ah yeah, No!

Although, Some FE areas may be a bit different.

The single best AP I ever got from one home was a house like that - I remember pulling up thinking, "No way this is a deal." I got inside and the husband is telling me he is insurance poor and he has more life insurance than he can afford already, etc. and so on. So I'm about ready to get up and leave after having been inside all of a minute or two, and instead I say, "Well look, Sir, you did fill this card out - there must have been a reason even if you don't recall it at the moment. I'm already here now, and I drove all the way out here, and my next appointment won't be home from work for another hour and a half. How about you let me earn my pay and just review what you have really quick? It's free for you, and I'll earn my keep."

Turns out he had a bunch of little American Income Life Policies ranging from 10 years old to 2 months lol. I replaced his and his wife's AIL policies with MOO, more than doubling their coverage for the same premium, and getting them $4000 in cash back from AIL. Total AP $5134. They also each have a large, six figure term policy on one another that have 8 years to run on both (they bought the FE policies for if they outlive the term policies). I left the term policies alone.

~The Dabbler

The single best AP I ever got from one home was a house like that - I remember pulling up thinking, "No way this is a deal." I got inside and the husband is telling me he is insurance poor and he has more life insurance than he can afford already, etc. and so on. So I'm about ready to get up and leave after having been inside all of a minute or two, and instead I say, "Well look, Sir, you did fill this card out - there must have been a reason even if you don't recall it at the moment. I'm already here now, and I drove all the way out here, and my next appointment won't be home from work for another hour and a half. How about you let me earn my pay and just review what you have really quick? It's free for you, and I'll earn my keep."

Turns out he had a bunch of little American Income Life Policies ranging from 10 years old to 2 months lol. I replaced his and his wife's AIL policies with MOO, more than doubling their coverage for the same premium, and getting them $4000 in cash back from AIL. Total AP $5134. They also each have a large, six figure term policy on one another that have 8 years to run on both (they bought the FE policies for if they outlive the term policies). I left the term policies alone.

~The Dabbler

Here's yer sign - *

You better stop doing Insurance agent stuff.

On the Term plans > Check the companies for when their conversion options end. Both year and ages. What they can convert to? Likely that their "agent" has not serviced them since they wrote the policy. Check the wording on the Beneficiaries. Names may have changed (divorced daughter?) Grandchildren coming of age? During the three way ask that they email it all to you and build a file for the client with your name on it. If the other guy was doing his job you would not have been in the house. Become their agent.

Or better yet, send the info to a Life Insurance buddy and you will never need to deal with them again. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back